Access to Maths Course SCQF 5 with Aberdeen Un

Watch
dimdims37
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there, has anyone completed the SCQF 5 Access course in Maths with Aberdeen University? I really need to gain Maths for further study and the local option is two full afternoons a week meaning I won't be able to attend with work! I am looking at online versions and found this with Aberdeen University.

What I'm wondering, alongside if you've done it - was it really hard? Was it straightforward or would it be better committing to a local Maths course two afternoons a week. If it was in the evenings I would do it. Thank you for any experience you can share.
AidanM95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi,

I am thinking of taking this course online. Did you end up taking the course?
Shanmcf
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by dimdims37)
Hi there, has anyone completed the SCQF 5 Access course in Maths with Aberdeen University? I really need to gain Maths for further study and the local option is two full afternoons a week meaning I won't be able to attend with work! I am looking at online versions and found this with Aberdeen University.

What I'm wondering, alongside if you've done it - was it really hard? Was it straightforward or would it be better committing to a local Maths course two afternoons a week. If it was in the evenings I would do it. Thank you for any experience you can share.
Hey Im wondering the same I have just applied and looking for any info on this please ?
Fluffy4144
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Fluffy4144)

Hi i am thinking of taking the Aberdeen access national 5 maths course. I am terrible at maths but i need it to get in to social work. How difficult is this course? Are the learning materials easy to understand? What topics are covered. I was considering doing nat 5 applications of maths at college this year. I don't know if that would be easier. This appeals to me because you can do the exam at home and study at your own pace. I was having a go at some of the bitesize maths and finding it difficult, but it didn't offer a very full explanation. I did standard grade maths and got a 3 in 2007. I studied highers at college in 2018 and got a C in human biology though and that had some maths / problem solving type questions. Maths is my weakest subject. I really need this to get in to uni but don't want to pay £100 and set myself up to fail....
Last edited by Fluffy4144; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (733)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (926)
42.77%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads