no revision method works for me Watch

iyigunler
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
have made notes but im too fussy and doesnt end well, tried mindmaps but still doesnt stick. tried flashcards but i find them annoying. any tips?

RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You need to find out what type of learner you are. Take this quiz and find out.

If you end up being an auditory learner, PM me and I can let you know some revision tips.
Tassy2340
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
what do you enjoy doing?? put a stop to it only do it when you are on a break to have aomething to look forward to. find a quiet space and check past papers, if you find flashcards annoying maybe they are dull make them pop with colour and try revising with a friend or someone else then you can go through your mistakes together. I hope this is ok feedback. if you want more techniques research you can find lots on YouTube and more
Last edited by Tassy2340; 3 weeks ago
iyigunler
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i am a visual learner. ive tried to force myself to do flashcards because my friend said she got an A* using them but it just doesnt work no matter how ive tried
Tassy2340
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay, so flashcards didn't work. If you are visual maybe try adding pictures and certain diagrams that relate to the subject and write small summarised info around it. And maybe highlight them in certain colours for indication of something kind of like a key e.g. formulae in green, key words in blue etc. try this because i am also a visual learner
lordjohnnyball
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If your a visual learner there was a method that I learn’t that helped a bit. I basically used my imagination and thought of my house. Once I could visualise it I ended up giving certain objects in my house important information.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by iyigunler)
have made notes but im too fussy and doesnt end well, tried mindmaps but still doesnt stick. tried flashcards but i find them annoying. any tips?
How about actually doing papers and practice questions? Practice what you'll be doing in the exam.
Danny_Man
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Here's one that's guaranteed to work: Rewrite the information in your own words. Try it and report back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.32%
Pop (197)
24.2%
Jazz (33)
4.05%
Classical (46)
5.65%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.92%
Electronic (54)
6.63%
Indie (132)
16.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise