Thurica
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello ,
I am really unhappy with my accommodation place- I got an offer for ST pats hall( catered and washbasin) included and I really want an en-suite(own bathroom/shower) because I am such a germaphobe. Is there anyone willing to swap- I am quite desperate at this point?
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,

Firstly, congratulations on getting a place at the University of Reading! But I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your accommodation allocation.

When looking to swap, it's best to contact the accommodation team. It's the busiest time of the year for them at the moment, but they're really helpful. Here are their contact details. +44 (0)118 378 4203, [email protected] k.
If you do find someone to swap with, then make sure you get their personal, and room details and you can email the accommodation office with this information too, as it'll help the process.

Best of luck.
Try not to worry about it at the moment, and if you do stay in St Pats, just so you know, a lot of people often want an en-suite, however, people who've been in the same position as yourself, have always finished the year saying they had no problems and sharing a bathroom was actually fine. In addition, shared bathrooms in St Pats are cleaned everyday by the cleaning team.

I hope this helps a little.

Emma
(4th Year Chemistry Student and Student Ambassador)
dandensam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thurica)
Hello ,
I am really unhappy with my accommodation place- I got an offer for ST pats hall( catered and washbasin) included and I really want an en-suite(own bathroom/shower) because I am such a germaphobe. Is there anyone willing to swap- I am quite desperate at this point?
Hi there. How much is your accommodation? Have you signed a tenancy agreement? I haven't signed one yet but have been offered Kendrick so you might be abe to go there?
Thurica
Rep:
?
Hi another girl offered me kendrick. Alot of people are offering me kendrick is there a reason y people dont want it 😂😂😂😂
dandensam
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi another girl offered me kendrick. Alot of people are offering me kendrick is there a reason y people dont want it 😂😂😂😂
probably because it costs a million pounds a week ha ha
Thurica
Rep:
?
Thats v true 😂😂 its the same as a premium ensuite in campus
username4946022
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really need a place in reading halls. They said that all clearing students have to go to Kendrick Hall but the woman the day before said the opposite. Kendrick is way more expensive and to far from my campus. I need a self-catered standard ensuite, preferably Greenow and McCombie.
Thurica
Rep:
?
Basically i called reading and app all clearing students are assigned kendrick halls. I had st pats halls but i wanted an ensuite kendricks hall but they only said claring students. If clearing srudents wNt to chamge they have to wait untill they are fully enrolled(sept) to change .hope that helps
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dandensam)
probably because it costs a million pounds a week ha ha
True, Kendrick is expensive but so are the halls on campus (including the northcourt group halls).

Having lived in benyon for my first year and kendrick for the remaining three years, I can honestly say that I enjoyed my stay at kendrick. The only problem is that its a good 10-15 minute walk uphill along redlands road to get to whiteknights. If you are getting a bus pass, you can also catch the 21 bus to take to uni from the side of kendrick hall.

The staff btw at kendrick are really nice and always willing to help.

Any questions let me know, I graduated from Reading two years ago
Thurica
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by F1's Finest)
True, Kendrick is expensive but so are the halls on campus (including the northcourt group halls).

Having lived in benyon for my first year and kendrick for the remaining three years, I can honestly say that I enjoyed my stay at kendrick. The only problem is that its a good 10-15 minute walk uphill along redlands road to get to whiteknights. If you are getting a bus pass, you can also catch the 21 bus to take to uni from the side of kendrick hall.

The staff btw at kendrick are really nice and always willing to help.

Any questions let me know, I graduated from Reading two years ago
Is it possible to swap into kendrick halls from st pats
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is it possible to swap into kendrick halls from st pats
I don't know as that depends on whether two people are happy to swap with each other. You need to search on the freshers facebook pages and I'm sure someone would value being much closer to campus (st pats) or in the case of more modern accommodation (kendrick)

You have to email the accommodation department of the uni to see if you can be released out of your agreement, I don't see there being any issue.
Last edited by F1's Finest; 4 weeks ago
Thurica
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
The thing isnfirst they said we can swap
Im st pats and she was kendrick. Then they said oh two diff companies hard to swap

They then said after thag once u accept it u have to find a replacement app?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads