The Student Room Group

PGDIP Social Work

Hiya everyone,

I'm just in the process of applying to a PGDIP in Social Work, and have my interview next Wednesday- very last minute decision! I'm a bit confused about how the bursary etc. works.

How much is the bursary, as I saw that the website states a maintenance grant and a basic grant- do you get both or just one? Also in terms of placements, are these usually unpaid (hence why the bursary is given?) I'm just having a bit of a dilemma about whether to spend a year trying to save up a bit of money before reapplying to a different course (still PGDIP but at a different university) next year, as I am concerned about not being able to work part time alongside the placements or just in general, and also whether it might be worth gaining some more experience in a different role anyway for a year. I've been doing fundraising for a domestic abuse charity for a year (alongside multiple relevant volunteering placements) so have some indirect experience (enough for an interview) but wondered if more hands on stuff might be better.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest