The Student Room Group

How to secure funding for university

I started university in 2016 but i had to drop out in september 2018. I was told i could repeat my second year in another university( as this is what a lot of students do) but, when i started to apply for univeristies in my city I kept getting denied due to one of my first year modules being condoned so I had 38 instead of 40. My university doesn't allow students to retake modules if it is in between this grey area. I don't have enough money to start from year 1 and i can't apply to repeat second year due to that one module. I have applied for apprenticeships but its hard to look for a degree one and not a level 4 . any ideas would be great.
Original post by FlyseaSo
I started university in 2016 but i had to drop out in september 2018. I was told i could repeat my second year in another university( as this is what a lot of students do) but, when i started to apply for univeristies in my city I kept getting denied due to one of my first year modules being condoned so I had 38 instead of 40. My university doesn't allow students to retake modules if it is in between this grey area. I don't have enough money to start from year 1 and i can't apply to repeat second year due to that one module. I have applied for apprenticeships but its hard to look for a degree one and not a level 4 . any ideas would be great.

Hi,

Is there a reason as to why you did not pass your year or why you had to withdraw?

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi,

Is there a reason as to why you did not pass your year or why you had to withdraw?

Thanks, Chanel

In my second year i failed a few modules and i could only afford to retake a certain amount. So even after retaking i still didn't pass the year as a result. I was struggling due to personal problems.
In my second year i failed a few modules and i could only afford to retake a certain amount. So even after retaking i still didn't pass the year as a result. I was struggling due to personal problems.

Do you have proof of those circumstances and can prove they affected your studies?

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Chanel
Do you have proof of those circumstances and can prove they affected your studies?

Thanks, Chanel

with my personal reason, it was due to my mental health and i did use and seek help e.g. talking therapeis. I can prove i was using their services however, I could have shown it affected my studies if i had access to my student email. Since i had talks with my head of dept about my poor grades.
with my personal reason, it was due to my mental health and i did use and seek help e.g. talking therapeis. I can prove i was using their services however, I could have shown it affected my studies if i had access to my student email. Since i had talks with my head of dept about my poor grades.

Hi there,

If you can provide a cover letter from yourself to advise of why you did not complete this year of study, along with the likes of a letter from any of the counselors you spoke to/from your HEP or copies of the emails you mentioned, you may be able to qualify for another year of funding based on your Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR). If you can gather this evidence, please send it to:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks, Jen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending