rose236
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
1) Use various types of revision media including apps, websites and YouTube videos e.g. Mr Bruff on YouTube for English, Maths Genie for maths and Duolingo for Spanish. Quizlet can be useful for learning facts for geography case studies
2) Do every single past paper, especially for science, since questions and mark schemes are often repeated (but only do this after you have learned all of the GCSE content in order for it to be effective)
3) Put in a lot of time (start early)
4) Posters: GCSE is a lot about memorising content
5) Mind palace for things that are hard to remember (case studies)
6) Skim read the entire revision guide the day before an exam to check that you have covered everything

How I went from B's at the start of year 11 to A* at the end:
Spanish: Duolingo (app), Memrise (app), Memorise complex phrases to use in writing
Physics: Pretty sure I rewrote the entire revision guide, and then did past papers
English: Mr Bruff, print out extracts from your books and use his videos to annotate them, also read his sample essays

Video explaining the above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1f65qpdGno
Last edited by rose236; 1 year ago
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rose236)
1) Use various types of revision media including apps, websites and YouTube videos e.g. Mr Bruff on YouTube for English, Maths Genie for maths and Duolingo for Spanish. Quizlet can be useful for learning facts for geography case studies
2) Do every single past paper, especially for science, since questions and mark schemes are often repeated (but only do this after you have learned all of the GCSE content in order for it to be effective)
5) Skim read the entire revision guide the day before an exam to check that you have covered everything

Spanish: Duolingo (app), Memrise (app), Memorise complex phrases to use in writing
Physics: Pretty sure I rewrote the entire revision guide, and then did past papers
English: Mr Bruff, print out extracts from your books and use his videos to annotate them, also read his sample essays
Well done on getting all A*'s
rose236
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How to get all A*'s at GCSE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1f65qpdGno
username4929440
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rose236)
5) Mind palace for things that are hard to remember (case studies)
6) Skim read the entire revision guide the day before an exam to check that you have covered everything

Video explaining the above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1f65qpdGno
oooo thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads