Scotlass1984
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have just started year 2 of my HND and have been told what we will be doing for our graded unit.

This is the guideline:
For your project you need to investigate an issue* affecting the business of your choice. The investigation chosen should be directly related to the topics, concepts and models studied in the core units of HND Business. The issue investigated must relate to the way in which the business meets the needs of its internal and/ or external customers. Companies chosen by past students range from small independent businesses through to PLC’s. It is important to bear in mind that you have to carry out primary research and you will need to have access to either employees or customers for a small survey and possibly other primary research.

Issues can be wide and varied. Just some examples:

A new technological development
A business re-structure
A new product range
New management structure
Customer Service Initiatives being introduced
A business expanding into a new market
A new marketing/ promotional campaign
A new Business strategy
etc.

It is around 7000 words

I had thought about doing it on charity shops and how advancements in technology has affected them (epos tills, contactless payments), customer Initiatives (loyalty programmes), maybe how social changes are affecting them (hard to get younger volunteers).
But not sure how to link in economics and mpo with as well.

If anyone has any ideas of anything else I could discuss in my report, especially that would link to economics and mpo, it would be greatly appreciated 😁
Just I am already panicking as I have never done anything anywhere near that length
the1975ae
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Scotlass1984)
I have just started year 2 of my HND and have been told what we will be doing for our graded unit.

This is the guideline:
For your project you need to investigate an issue* affecting the business of your choice. The investigation chosen should be directly related to the topics, concepts and models studied in the core units of HND Business. The issue investigated must relate to the way in which the business meets the needs of its internal and/ or external customers. Companies chosen by past students range from small independent businesses through to PLC’s. It is important to bear in mind that you have to carry out primary research and you will need to have access to either employees or customers for a small survey and possibly other primary research.

Issues can be wide and varied. Just some examples:

A new technological development
A business re-structure
A new product range
New management structure
Customer Service Initiatives being introduced
A business expanding into a new market
A new marketing/ promotional campaign
A new Business strategy
etc.

It is around 7000 words

I had thought about doing it on charity shops and how advancements in technology has affected them (epos tills, contactless payments), customer Initiatives (loyalty programmes), maybe how social changes are affecting them (hard to get younger volunteers).
But not sure how to link in economics and mpo with as well.

If anyone has any ideas of anything else I could discuss in my report, especially that would link to economics and mpo, it would be greatly appreciated 😁
Just I am already panicking as I have never done anything anywhere near that length
i have the same problem, do you need to link it in with a minimum number of subjects?
Scotlass1984
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by the1975ae)
i have the same problem, do you need to link it in with a minimum number of subjects?
Not sure if theres a minimum, but it does have to link with various core subjects. Have an idea now just need to find out if the company will provide the info I need
the1975ae
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Scotlass1984)
Not sure if theres a minimum, but it does have to link with various core subjects. Have an idea now just need to find out if the company will provide the info I need
what core subjects have you linked it with? and is it still the same idea youre doing?
Scotlass1984
Rep:
?
what core subjects have you linked it with? and is it still the same idea youre doing?
ICT, bit of HRM and possibly a bit of Cusomer Care/Business Strategy
Scotlass1984
Rep:
?
Yes same idea
the1975ae
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how did it go?
Scotlass1984
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
how did it go?
Hi, lecturer approved the general idea, just waiting to find out if my planning stage is ok and need to get started on the development stage.
the1975ae
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thats good then, when did u have to hand it in for? im starting the development stage hope its not where i lose loads of marks 😂
Scotlass1984
Rep:
?
thats good then, when did u have to hand it in for? im starting the development stage hope its not where i lose loads of marks 😂
The planning stage was to be in for the 14th January, then the development stage is due for the 14th April
the1975ae
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh thats good!! i had to hand it in for the beginning of December and development for next month
Scotlass1984
Rep:
?
oh thats good!! i had to hand it in for the beginning of December and development for next month
Ouch
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (105)
27.93%
No (271)
72.07%

Watched Threads