The Student Room Group

Postgraduate masters loan help

Hello all. I need some help and advice if people have recently applied for their postgraduate masters loan. If so how long did it take for student finance to approve your application? I am a U.K. student and recently graduated. I also had student loans for my undergraduate studies. I was completing registration but there was a section which asked for funding. However I have only just today submitted my postgraduate masters application and my course start date is Wednesday 25th September. It stated on the student finance website that my application would take between 4-6 weeks however with past experience I know it can be sooner. Can anyone in a similar situation or other postgraduates help? I just don’t want to run the risk of starting my course and not having it sorted because it’s not possible to complete the registration.
Back in 2016, mine took two days, I found postgrad to be infinitely quicker than undergrad to get confirmed. Of my friends that have applied this year, the turn around has been about a fortnight on average. Try not to panic too much, there's still time to get it sorted - and even if it is approved slightly late, the university should be fine in the meantime, if you show them proof you've applied for funding.
Original post by Zimbarealb
Hello all. I need some help and advice if people have recently applied for their postgraduate masters loan. If so how long did it take for student finance to approve your application? I am a U.K. student and recently graduated. I also had student loans for my undergraduate studies. I was completing registration but there was a section which asked for funding. However I have only just today submitted my postgraduate masters application and my course start date is Wednesday 25th September. It stated on the student finance website that my application would take between 4-6 weeks however with past experience I know it can be sooner. Can anyone in a similar situation or other postgraduates help? I just don’t want to run the risk of starting my course and not having it sorted because it’s not possible to complete the registration.

In my experience, given that the postgraduate loan (at least from SFE anyway) is not income-assessed, the process is pretty quick - I had my confirmation of my loan within 2 weeks of applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending