Mixedraceguys modelling journey/career Watch

SavageRyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Row My Boat)
You're right. I apologise. You're a good mate.
Yh it's cool dw just would be nice if you could not be peak of my G but I guess you don't rate him and that's fairs
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
I would be angry wid ppl if they called me mixed and I was black that's like an insult
Mixedraceguy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by XOR_)
-what? Being black and being mixed are totally different things the same way being white and being mixed are totally different
username4899372
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I would be angry wid ppl if they called me mixed and I was black that's like an insult
idk mixed race ppl r usually good-looking so it was an ego booster. but now i prefer saying im black
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by kai'sa)
idk mixed race ppl r usually good-looking so it was an ego booster. but now i prefer saying im black
I agree on a whole but some of us are ugly and fairs there's some peng black ppl too though
-Quava-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am 😁
That's the kind if confidence we should all have. 🤧
username4899372
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I agree on a whole but some of us are ugly and fairs there's some peng black ppl too though
that was in y8 when i was gassing. ye ik every race is ugly n hot
Surnia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks be sure to follow my modelling journey 😊😁
I'm following it because we had a chat on here a couple of months ago, when you first asked about getting into modelling. Good to see you've taken the opportunity and things are happening for you! :five:
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
I'm following it because we had a chat on here a couple of months ago, when you first asked about getting into modelling. Good to see you've taken the opportunity and things are happening for you! :five:
Hey ik you literally helped me get into modelling, I applied for some agencies and I had two test shoots, I wasn't successful in my first test shoot but models direct took me on and gave me a casting which went well and I went from there really, I thought of you in my castings and shoots and I have a lot of respect for the advice you gave me I now have two castings coming up one with two different modelling agencies which will hopefully boost my career and give me more regular work. I am looking to develop my talent whilst studying my A levels and then going on to uni in Wales, the world is my oyster and I've gotta take up these fantastic opportunities and be the best I can be. Many thanks 👌😊😁
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by username4899372)
that was in y8 when i was gassing. ye ik every race is ugly n hot
Ohh fairs what year are you in now? I'm year 13 😏
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by -Quava-)
That's the kind if confidence we should all have. 🤧
Confidence is key especially in modelling 😁
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by username4899372)
You shouldn't label yourselves on whatever other people would want to hear.
If you're mixed say it loud, if you're black say it loud.
Don't hide anything or be ashamed of anything.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Pengs and butters in all ethnicities.
I've seen some really peng mixed children and some really butters ones as well.
On the whole, I think most people actually are decent looking, it's just the west has made a mockery of black facial features, south asain features, dark skin ect so we're blind to peoples beauty.
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by -Quava-)
Pengs and butters in all ethnicities.
I've seen some really peng mixed children and some really butters ones as well.
On the whole, I think most people actually are decent looking, it's just the west has made a mockery of black facial features, south asain features, dark skin ect so we're blind to peoples beauty.
My bloody big nose n all 😂😂 yup but I've got peng mixed curls but yh I think a lot of westerners are just ignorant being dark isn't a disadvantage just means my skin colour is different to other mixed race ppl but I'm always gonna look different to my family as half are white and half black so I'm used to being the odd one out 😂😂
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you find it dehumanising sometimes?
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Do you find it dehumanising sometimes?
Find what dehumanising?
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Find what dehumanising?
Errr modelling....:rolleyes:
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
Errr modelling....:rolleyes:
I wouldn't say its dehumanising, it's a beautiful talent, a fantastic industry, there is however a lot of pressure to look perfect, pose perfect and a lot of work goes into that. One thing to remember is that models are not guinea pigs to the agents and the industry, you're on product I am my own product my agent finds jobs for me to sell my product, the make up artist polishes my product, the clothing is another product that adds to my product, the photographer documents photo logs my product, the castings promote my product
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I wouldn't say its dehumanising, it's a beautiful talent, a fantastic industry, there is however a lot of pressure to look perfect, pose perfect and a lot of work goes into that. One thing to remember is that models are not guinea pigs to the agents and the industry, you're on product I am my own product my agent finds jobs for me to sell my product, the make up artist polishes my product, the clothing is another product that adds to my product, the photographer documents photo logs my product, the castings promote my product
I see, I was gonna model Asian bridal garments for particular stores just for money and damnnn it looked burdensome and tedious! :rolleyes:
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
I see, I was gonna model Asian bridal garments for particular stores just for money and damnnn it looked burdensome and tedious! :rolleyes:
Fairs personally I think you should of done it, it would of been a great opportunity for you why did it seem tedious? and was the money good?
Last edited by Mixedraceguy; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (163)
19.47%
Labour (426)
50.9%
Liberal Democrats (113)
13.5%
Green Party (46)
5.5%
Brexit Party (12)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.67%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)