The Student Room Group

CRISPR-Cas9 system

Don't really understand the highlighted stuff in one of the attachments. Also, what is CRISPR assay? What is an assay? I am struggling to get what CRISPR is, even though it mentions it as Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats..pallindromic repeats? :/

Any help will be very appreciated!!!!

45.jpg
46.jpgR
Reply 1
An assay is simply a repeat/attempt. A CRISPR assay would be an attempt at using CRISPR, I would imagine. A palindrome is something that is the same forward as it is backwards, e.g. GAG.
Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by shankar jan
Don't really understand the highlighted stuff in one of the attachments. Also, what is CRISPR assay? What is an assay? I am struggling to get what CRISPR is, even though it mentions it as Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats..pallindromic repeats? :/

Any help will be very appreciated!!!!

45.jpg
46.jpgR

I have answered quite a few of your questions now. A simple google search would answer most of your questions. I don’t mind answering a few questions here and there, but I don’t think spoon feeding you the answers is the best thing for you. I’m not sure if you’re trying to study topics that are too advanced for your level of knowledge? I think you may need to work a bit more on the fundamentals, as well as figuring out how you can learn things for yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by Jpw1097
I have answered quite a few of your questions now. A simple google search would answer most of your questions. I don’t mind answering a few questions here and there, but I don’t think spoon feeding you the answers is the best thing for you. I’m not sure if you’re trying to study topics that are too advanced for your level of knowledge? I think you may need to work a bit more on the fundamentals, as well as figuring out how you can learn things for yourself.

Thanks for the advice:smile: You are completely right! Just under a lot of pressure because I've got an exam next week - It's an oral exam so :/ I understand the basis of most things but tend to post it anyway to see if I am missing something which could be useful to know or see how someone else would understand it.
But I am really grateful for all your help - it's made a huge difference!!!!:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending