Student accommodation Hertfordshire University

Watch
ash6418
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I got into Hertfordshire University and also got an offer for student accommodation. I'm worried I might be living with a lot of people. I heard before each flat has 4 rooms max but looking at my room number it says sarrat flat 02 room 06. I'm a bit worried that I'll live with too many people. I've once lived together with 11 other people In similar accommodation for 2 weeks and it was quite horrible.
HertsExRep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ash6418)
So I got into Hertfordshire University and also got an offer for student accommodation. I'm worried I might be living with a lot of people. I heard before each flat has 4 rooms max but looking at my room number it says sarrat flat 02 room 06. I'm a bit worried that I'll live with too many people. I've once lived together with 11 other people In similar accommodation for 2 weeks and it was quite horrible.
Hello ash6418

Are you able to elaborate as to what type of flat you have been given (e.g. Townhouse, En-suite, Enhanced, Standard, etc) as that will allow me to figure out what size flat you have been put in

4 rooms is not a maximum - I don't think any on-campus flats have that few, in fact I think 5 might be the minimum.
ash6418
Rep:
?
(Original post by Herts UG Student Rep)
Hello ash6418

Are you able to elaborate as to what type of flat you have been given (e.g. Townhouse, En-suite, Enhanced, Standard, etc) as that will allow me to figure out what size flat you have been put in

4 rooms is not a maximum - I don't think any on-campus flats have that few, in fact I think 5 might be the minimum.
En suite
HertsExRep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
En suite
Is that the De Havilland Campus or College Lane?
ash6418
Rep:
?
Is that the De Havilland Campus or College Lane?
De Havilland Campus
ash6418
Rep:
?
Hello ash6418

So I've been looking online and trying to find out what kind of flat I'm in but can't find any results. Since I'm on the de Havilland Campus I was thinking 8 may have been the max. I really hope it's not any more than that. Lots of people in one space can go pretty badly from my experience....
HertsExRep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So I've been looking online and trying to find out what kind of flat I'm in but can't find any results. Since I'm on the de Havilland Campus I was thinking 8 may have been the max. I really hope it's not any more than that. Lots of people in one space can go pretty badly from my experience....
I believe our De Havilland flats have 12 rooms each. Are you able to confirm this for me University of Hertfordshire?

In my experience, living with 11 others can be good fun. I have done it for two years at Uni. In my first year, I was living in a flat of 12. There weren't more than 2 of us each from the same country. This was really good because we learnt about each others cultures a lot and all tried lots of different cuisine! On a more day-to-day level I have found living with 11 others to be very useful. There are more of us in the flat to help clean our kitchen/communal area. This makes cleaning very quick and easy. Often there is at least one person awake in flat at any time of day which means there is always someone to talk to/hang out with.

The kitchens are well equipped meaning that there is always space for you to cook and store food. De Havilland kitchens have 3 microwaves, 2 ovens and 8 hobs. You will have your own lockable cupboard and a fridge in your room, ensuring that your food and cooking equipment is kept secure. Bathroom sharing is not a problem as you will each have your own en-suit.

You can find more info about your room here. Please do let me know if you have any further questions about your accommodation or if you have any specific concerns regarding the living situation. I'd be happy to help
ash6418
Rep:
?
I believe our De Havilland flats have 12 rooms each. Are you able to confirm this for me University of Hertfordshire?

In my experience, living with 11 others can be good fun. I have done it for two years at Uni. In my first year, I was living in a flat of 12. There weren't more than 2 of us each from the same country. This was really good because we learnt about each others cultures a lot and all tried lots of different cuisine! On a more day-to-day level I have found living with 11 others to be very useful. There are more of us in the flat to help clean our kitchen/communal area. This makes cleaning very quick and easy. Often there is at least one person awake in flat at any time of day which means there is always someone to talk to/hang out with.

The kitchens are well equipped meaning that there is always space for you to cook and store food. De Havilland kitchens have 3 microwaves, 2 ovens and 8 hobs. You will have your own lockable cupboard and a fridge in your room, ensuring that your food and cooking equipment is kept secure. Bathroom sharing is not a problem as you will each have your own en-suit.

You can find more info about your room here. Please do let me know if you have any further questions about your accommodation or if you have any specific concerns regarding the living situation. I'd be happy to help
Thank you so much for answering my question. I'll admit I was a tad worried but I feel much better now. I'm a bit surprised that we have our own fridges, I'm pretty happy about that.
HertsExRep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much for answering my question. I'll admit I was a tad worried but I feel much better now. I'm a bit surprised that we have our own fridges, I'm pretty happy about that.
Glad to hear it!

Feel free to give me a shout if you have anymore queries
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi ash6418 Herts UG Student Rep ,

Yes, indeed. de Hav does have 12 rooms in each flat

Chirasree:excited:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (24)
13.95%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (48)
27.91%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (70)
40.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
14.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.91%

Watched Threads