Nat9614
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Today I had my 2nd attempt at the numeracy skills test and failed by 2 marks I'm absolutely devostated because I worked so hard. There are no more appointments near me, however, I emailed the lady in charge of the PGCE and she said that I might be allowed to retake the test again next week. The course starts on Monday so she said I would have to have one day off for the test. I'm not sure if it's worth it as have to move into the city my uni is in and pay £250 deposit on Sunday for the accommodation. If I don't pass the 3rd time I won't be Able to afford to pay for the rent of my uni house. I also had a look and there are appointments on Saturday 3hrs drive from me but not sure if it will just be a waste of a journey. Any advise on what I should do??
Last edited by Nat9614; 2 weeks ago
Nat9614
Rep:
?
Today I had my 2nd attempt at the numeracy skills test and failed by 2 marks I'm absolutely devostated because I worked so hard. There are no more appointments near me, however, I emailed the lady in charge of the PGCE and she said that I might be allowed to retake the test again next week. The course starts on Monday so she said I would have to have one day off for the test. I'm not sure if it's worth it as have to move into the city my uni is in and pay £250 deposit on Sunday for the accommodation. If I don't pass the 3rd time I won't be Able to afford to pay for the rent of my uni house. I also had a look and there are appointments on Saturday 3hrs drive from me but not sure if it will just be a waste of a journey. Any advise on what I should do??
computed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If it's really something you want to pursue, then bite the bullet and book a test at the centre and go and smash that test - you've got this!
Nat9614
Rep:
?
(Original post by computed)
If it's really something you want to pursue, then bite the bullet and book a test at the centre and go and smash that test - you've got this!
Thank you so much! I have managed to book at Exeter for This Saturday it's my last shot!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nat9614)
Thank you so much! I have managed to book at Exeter for This Saturday it's my last shot!
Hi

I've merged your threads.

Good luck for Saturday. Do as much focused revision and practice as you can in the mean time. I found this youtube video super useful when preparing for my numeracy test :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6zkJ-_RRU

Personally, I would be very wary of committing to a rental contract if you don't manage to pass the skills test this time around- is there any way you could commute to uni for the first week and put off your moving date slightly?
Nat9614
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Hi

I've merged your threads.

Good luck for Saturday. Do as much focused revision and practice as you can in the mean time. I found this youtube video super useful when preparing for my numeracy test :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6zkJ-_RRU

Personally, I would be very wary of committing to a rental contract if you don't manage to pass the skills test this time around- is there any way you could commute to uni for the first week and put off your moving date slightly?
thank you I bought the teach me maths package I've heard many good things about it and so far it's brilliant! There is no way I could commute I live 3 hours away from uni, and I have another problem now as my landlord is saying that I signed a contract and I'm liable to pay rent no matter what. I have no idea what to do if I don't pass
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
thank you I bought the teach me maths package I've heard many good things about it and so far it's brilliant! There is no way I could commute I live 3 hours away from uni, and I have another problem now as my landlord is saying that I signed a contract and I'm liable to pay rent no matter what. I have no idea what to do if I don't pass
If you've already signed your contract, then yes, unfortunately you are liable. It might be worth contacting Shelter for some advice. Did you sign up with a guarantor?

I hope you're able to pass on Saturday and then hopefully everything will be alright!
Nat9614
Rep:
?
(Original post by computed)
I passed today absolutely over the moon!!
Nat9614
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
If you've already signed your contract, then yes, unfortunately you are liable. It might be worth contacting Shelter for some advice. Did you sign up with a guarantor?

I hope you're able to pass on Saturday and then hopefully everything will be alright!
rac1977
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congratulations
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congrats! I am so relieved for you!

Good luck with the course!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.32%
Pop (197)
24.2%
Jazz (33)
4.05%
Classical (46)
5.65%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.92%
Electronic (54)
6.63%
Indie (132)
16.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise