aspireddentist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like to ask if anyone knows what was the ukcat cutoff for the Dentistry course in Birmingham uni for this year. I applied last year with a predicted first in Biomed and 40 in IB and did not manage to get an interview due to my low UKCAT score (2350 overall).
This year I resat my UCAT and scored 2360 (similar to last year) and thus I don't know if it would be a wise choice to consider Birmingham since they mention in their site that they will not consider further, applicants that fall within the bottom 20%.
I would be grateful if anyone would be able to inform me what was the lowest score that an applicant was able to get an interview at Birmingham.
aspireddentist
Rep:
?
I would like to ask if anyone knows what was the ukcat cutoff for the Dentistry course in Birmingham uni for this year. I applied last year with a predicted first in Biomed and 40 in IB and did not manage to get an interview due to my low UKCAT score (2350 overall).This year I resat my UCAT and scored 2360 (similar to last year) and thus I don't know if it would be a wise choice to consider Birmingham since they mention in their site that they will not consider further, applicants that fall within the bottom 20%.I would be grateful if anyone would be able to inform me what was the lowest score that an applicant was able to get an interview at Birmingham.
RedHelenB
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I personally would not waste an application on somewhere that had already rejected me if nothing much had changed this time.
aspireddentist
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedHelenB)
I personally would not waste an application on somewhere that had already rejected me if nothing much had changed this time.
Τhank you very much for your reply!
Yeah that is what I thought as well cause my new UCAT score is within similar lines as last year. I think their 20% botom cutoff might be 2400 rather than somewhere in 2350.
Where did you apply for Dentistry and are you a graduate applicant as well?
RedHelenB
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's my daughter who applied and shes an undergraduate at Newcastle.
aspireddentist
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedHelenB)
It's my daughter who applied and shes an undergraduate at Newcastle.
Right so she applied with her A levels.
Was her UKCAT closer to average score 2500?
RedHelenB
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She cant remember but I think it was a bit above average but not a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (622)
41.41%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (306)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.59%

Watched Threads