Should Gender Studies be banned?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Oljen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Not gonna go into detail as I don’t think I need to , but Gender studies is a major waste of time and one huge scam. I believe it should be banned
Justanotheranon6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why?
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So because you do not like the subject you figure it's justifiable enough that it be banned.

You must think very highly of yourself, no?
Last edited by JustOneMoreThing; 1 year ago
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lot of degrees that would be banned if the criteria was simply a "waste of time"
redoubtable
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what even is that lol
bingbangbong11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
waste of time but shouldn't be banned
_Wellies_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Banning subjects? Quite a dangerous precedent to set.

Secondly, precisely how many the students in the UK are doing gender studies degrees? The number is a lot lower than angry men on the internet would have you believe.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pineapplepink)
what even is that lol
Gender studies is a field for interdisciplinary study devoted to gender identity and gendered representation as central categories of analysis. This field includes women's studies (concerning women, feminism, gender, and politics), men's studies and queer studies.[1] Sometimes, gender studies is offered together with study of sexuality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_studies
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If people want to “waste their time” doing a degree let them. It doesn’t impact your life.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dumb field but shouldn't be outlawed if some self styled social justice warriors want to take it
redoubtable
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Gender studies is a field for interdisciplinary study devoted to gender identity and gendered representation as central categories of analysis. This field includes women's studies (concerning women, feminism, gender, and politics), men's studies and queer studies.[1] Sometimes, gender studies is offered together with study of sexuality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_studies
ok
tf would you do with that
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pineapplepink)
ok
tf would you do with that
join their illustrious graduates paths'

Justanotheranon6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oljen)
Not gonna go into detail as I don’t think I need to , but Gender studies is a major waste of time and one huge scam. I believe it should be banned
Awesome, shall we start banning books we think are a waste of time too? What the hell, let’s just burn them 😊
redoubtable
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
join their illustrious graduates paths'

:lol:
Oljen
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I think it should be banned because it’s putting “vulnerable” students in debt , barely any career paths to go off and effects the tax payers simultaneously. They can study it at home , you don’t need a degree for it.😆
PrettymuchGod
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not banned but I think courses like this should cost less and/or come with graduate opportunity warning statistics (assuming the graduate opportunities are lacking which I do assume).
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You lot are so legislation-happy

It is worrying
Justanotheranon6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oljen)
I think it should be banned because it’s putting “vulnerable” students in debt , barely any career paths to go off and effects the tax payers simultaneously. They can study it at home , you don’t need a degree for it.😆
Would u ban books u consider a waste of time to read?
Nuttyy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No lol, universities need the money to fund other costly courses.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why? It's a subsection of sociology, and given how much gender influences the world, a valuable field of study.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads