UGP1023
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello!

I’m hearing a lot of different opinions about university of Hull.

I’m thinking of applying there for psychology with criminology, would that be a good idea?

How is university of Hull viewed?
Is it a respectable university?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hull is a sort of mid table uni- most people will have heard of it, and they'll probably have varying opinions about it (like most unis). If the course is BPS accredited for psychology, then that will be more important if you want to progress with psychology as a career.

Whether it's a good idea to apply or not depends on you. What are your long term goals? Could getting a degree from Hull help you reach them? Does the degree interest you? Do you think Hull will be a supportive place to study?

You can apply to up to 5 universities, so it may be worth researching other options too.
UGP1023
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for answering☺️

I’m not 100% sure of what I want to do in the future but I am strongly thinking of becoming a psychologist, and the course is accredited by BPS at Hull university .

I have been looking at others and I definitely know what my first priority is and now I’m trying to find others in the same league, my first choice is Loughborough University
SmartUnicorn
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
my older brother goes there and it's very diverse and culturally friendly! from what he tells me it's good!
UGP1023
Rep:
?
That’s good to know, thank you 🦄!
miaebonyy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I truly loved the uni for the open day. Everyone is so friendly and lovely and it's just a nice atmosphere. It's viewed quite well as has a few partnerships with York university. I got an unconditional for psychology 😊
cosmic_soph
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by UGP1023)
Hello!

I’m hearing a lot of different opinions about university of Hull.

I’m thinking of applying there for psychology with criminology, would that be a good idea?

How is university of Hull viewed?
Is it a respectable university?
Both my parents went there and 2 of my cousins do currently. Hull is a brilliant uni with an incredibly diverse social-cultural life! You should totally apply. But, make sure it's the right choice for you; go walk around the campus, etc. Do some research to see if the course fits as well! Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (68)
19.65%
Labour (167)
48.27%
Liberal Democrats (49)
14.16%
Green Party (21)
6.07%
Brexit Party (4)
1.16%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.87%
SNP (7)
2.02%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.87%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (5)
1.45%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)