Struggling to Secure Accomodation for First Year Watch

Dusk227
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am studying Computer Science at Swansea University, I attempted to secure accomodation, but I had my offer cancelled because I am unable to pay a Reservation Deposit of £350 until I get my Maintenance loan on the 23rd of September (the first day of the term). However, on the Swansea website they asked for us to arrive on the 20th/21st of September.

So I'm not too sure on what I do right now, since I will need accomodation for the 20th, 21st, 22nd, so that I can get my student maintenance loan and pay for my accomodation, but I also need the money to pay for accomodation so I have a place to stay for the 20th, 21st, 22nd.

Any advice? Very confused.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dusk227)
I am studying Computer Science at Swansea University, I attempted to secure accomodation, but I had my offer cancelled because I am unable to pay a Reservation Deposit of £350 until I get my Maintenance loan on the 23rd of September (the first day of the term). However, on the Swansea website they asked for us to arrive on the 20th/21st of September.

So I'm not too sure on what I do right now, since I will need accomodation for the 20th, 21st, 22nd, so that I can get my student maintenance loan and pay for my accomodation, but I also need the money to pay for accomodation so I have a place to stay for the 20th, 21st, 22nd.

Speak directly to your accommodation office and explain the situation.
Student Roost
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dusk227)

Hi, we've got rooms available in Swansea where you don't have to pay rent until October and there's currently no deposit to pay: https://www.studentroost.co.uk/accom...nsea/st-davids

Do check us out, we're happy to answer any questions you have! We have flexible check-in dates so you can move in when it's best for you
scorpiorules
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get a student account with an overdraft facility
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads