lauren2451
Badges: 15
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ymf)
Mine was only send on Tuesday what about u? I need one mark 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
i think my tutor sent mine on results day or the day after, havent heard anything from them just yet. good luck with your results though!!
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
c

(Original post by hairypottertoe)
I just received my AQA maths remark results!! I was originally four marks off of a 6 and my teacher just emailed me my remark results and they increased my marks by 5 so I got the 6!! I’m so happy 😊 Good luck to all you guys!!
Well done but really frustrating that A level people are waiting on priority reviews from AQA!
hairypottertoe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lauren2451)
i think my tutor sent mine on results day or the day after, havent heard anything from them just yet. good luck with your results though!!
You’ve not heard anything yet?? Several of my classmates who also sent in for remarks heard back today. I’m not sure what marks everyone got but on my groupchat, every single person had gone up by at least 2 marks so you should be good!
hairypottertoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
c

Well done but really frustrating that A level people are waiting on priority reviews from AQA!
I think it depends when they submitted it.
lauren2451
Report 3 weeks ago
You’ve not heard anything yet?? Several of my classmates who also sent in for remarks heard back today. I’m not sure what marks everyone got but on my groupchat, every single person had gone up by at least 2 marks so you should be good!
this sounds promising!! thank you 😊
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it depends when they submitted it.
No - people who submitted immediately are still waiting ...
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I thought that at first but if you check the news, there’s actually a large number of papers that AQA marked incorrectly, I think it was 1 in 5?
Yes marks do change a lot but a tiny proportion of maths papers are incorrect by 5 marks or more.
hairypottertoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Notnek)
Yes marks do change a lot but a tiny proportion of maths papers are incorrect by 5 marks or more.
My teacher said the same thing. Someone in the higher set got a 7 in their exam, got it remarked, and went up by 7 marks to an 8. It’s actually worrying when you think about it, in terms of people who aren’t aware/can’t afford remarking.
hairypottertoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My teacher said the same thing. Someone in the higher set got a 7 in their exam, got it remarked, and went up by 7 marks to an 8. It’s actually worrying when you think about it, in terms of people who aren’t aware/can’t afford remarking.
My teacher got our scripts back and al of the additional marks awarded were given in the working out section.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it’s a coincidence that you had two unusual cases in your school. Stats over the years show that maths reviews change by more than 3 marks very rarely. The average mark change last year for maths was 0.5 marks.
hairypottertoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’re probably right considering most people I have spoken to have only gone up by like 2 marks. I am more than grateful that I managed to go up a grade 😊
tgei
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi! I also wanted to come on here and say that I received my remark results today too. I sent mine priority on August 22nd and it had gone up by 2 marks. Unfortunately I needed 3 to go up a grade so now I am 1 off an 8. Good luck to everyone else though!
lauren2451
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tgei)
Hi! I also wanted to come on here and say that I received my remark results today too. I sent mine priority on August 22nd and it had gone up by 2 marks. Unfortunately I needed 3 to go up a grade so now I am 1 off an 8. Good luck to everyone else though!
aww that’s so close!! well done anyway! you still got an amazing grade. i’m two marks off a 7!!
tgei
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lauren2451)
aww that’s so close!! well done anyway! you still got an amazing grade. i’m two marks off a 7!!
Yeah I am pretty happy with a 7 myself. Just thought I would push my luck as I was on the boarder. I ended up being something stupid like 1 UMS mark (0.5 marks) off of an 8. Mine went up by 2 so I hope yours will do the same. Keep me updated!
hairypottertoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tgei)
Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the grade. At least you didn’t have to pay!
tgei
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah I guess
EIR2003
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My daughter was 4 marks off a 7 in maths. It makes you wonder if it's worth a shot when you read a thread like this. She was predicted a 7 and felt she did well enough. Infact she got a 6 in her mock but felt she had done so much better in the real thing. She attempted every single question across 3 papers.
sbms100
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am 2 marks off a 7, hopefully my grade gets boosted. Does anyone know when we can receive the Edexcel remarks?
EIR2003
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I thought you pay still if the overall grade doesn't change???
EIR2003
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sbms100)
I am 2 marks off a 7, hopefully my grade gets boosted. Does anyone know when we can receive the Edexcel remarks?
Have you resubmitted all three papers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads