Nugthugg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone got their Edexcel remark result a back? I got 107 marks and it was 108 for the the 6.
Ymf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by KatieM1834)
I was 3 marks off a 4 in my gsce maths and the school sent it for remark. Does anyone if there is a chance I could get the 4 needed so I don't have to resist. Is there any chance? Has anyone been in this situation and been successful? Thanks
Did u hear back yet? Iv still not heard
lauren2451
Badges: 15
Report 2 weeks ago
i sent mine priority on 22nd August and I’ve still not received it lol
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lauren2451)
i sent mine priority on 22nd August and I’ve still not received it lol
Aw no way 🙈 Iv no chance of hearing soon then lol as I only send mine on the 27th
lauren2451
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ymf)
Aw no way 🙈 Iv no chance of hearing soon then lol as I only send mine on the 27th
ooof it’s so annoying. my university place depends on it and i’m suppose to be starting in a couple weeks 😂
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ooof it’s so annoying. my university place depends on it and i’m suppose to be starting in a couple weeks 😂
Aw no way really hope you get it 🤞🤞 my uni is accepting my essential skills as equivalent thankfully but I still would rather have it for when it comes to jobs as I’m sure the person with the actual gcse will be the job before me.
GuruOfMaths
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by .unknown)
I was 4 Marks away from getting 100% in maths should I get it remarked? 🤔
lol i got full marks
lauren2451
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GuruOfMaths)
lol i got full marks
oh my god huge congrats!! that’s so cool
IsMo987
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was 11 marks of a 6 should I remark
tgei
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IsMo987)
I was 11 marks of a 6 should I remark
It wouldn’t be impossible to go up. If you have the money, it might be worth a shot
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone else still waiting 🤔
lauren2451
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ymf)
Anyone else still waiting 🤔
i’m still waiting. it says within 15 days for priority and today is the 15th day. not heard anything??
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i’m still waiting. it says within 15 days for priority and today is the 15th day. not heard anything??
My college told me ten days and it’s ten today lol x
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mine just came back this afternoon as no change but it says it’s a clerical re check is that the same as remark as that’s what I requested from
My college. Anyway no luck for me and I only needed one mark 🙈 good luck x
Deggs_14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Maths is a bad subject to send for a remark, as if it’s wrong, it’s wrong. It’s not like English or history whether its essays and greater variance and opinion by the examiner.
Bubble6305
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mine can back within 5 days, it was unchanged. I was 1 mark off a 6 . My school are putting an appeal in as they believe there is at least another extra mark on the paper for method.
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bubble6305)
Mine can back within 5 days, it was unchanged. I was 1 mark off a 6 . My school are putting an appeal in as they believe there is at least another extra mark on the paper for method.
Aw I hope you get it good luck! Do you know if a clerical re check is the same thing as a re mark?
hurstj1972
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just waiting for our sons Maths GCSE remark to come back. 2 Mark's of a 4 so fingers crossed. Will post feedback once we have the results.
tgei
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ymf)
Do you know if a clerical re check is the same thing as a re mark?
A clerical recheck is literally just them making sure they counted your marks up properly. A ‘review of marking’ is where you get two examiners to go through your papers and award new marks where possible. Clerical recheckers can’t do this, they can only count the marks to ensure none were missed during grading.
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tgei)
A clerical recheck is literally just them making sure they counted your marks up properly. A ‘review of marking’ is where you get two examiners to go through your papers and award new marks where possible. Clerical recheckers can’t do this, they can only count the marks to ensure none were missed during grading.
Thanks so much for this! I’m so anoyed at this as I was under the impression it was being remarked it even says that on my receipt from the college. I totally get my mark could have went up or down but I wouldn’t have paid the £30 for someone to add up the marks again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads