username4911770
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What internships are available during a politics and philosophy degree? Do internships have to be related to your degree? For eg can I get into a bank internship with this degree? Thanks
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Unknown2233)
What internships are available during a politics and philosophy degree? Do internships have to be related to your degree? For eg can I get into a bank internship with this degree? Thanks
Hi Unknown2233

It's great to hear that you are thinking about doing an internship. They are great ways to get experience and boost your CV. With a politics and philosophy degree, there is no reason why you can't do any type of internship. The skills that you have developed during your degree are very desireable for employers in most sectors.

Hope this helps.

Dom
username4911770
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi Unknown2233

It's great to hear that you are thinking about doing an internship. They are great ways to get experience and boost your CV. With a politics and philosophy degree, there is no reason why you can't do any type of internship. The skills that you have developed during your degree are very desireable for employers in most sectors.

Hope this helps.

Dom
Thank you very much. Which year are internships usually done?
Last edited by username4911770; 4 months ago
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Unknown2233)
Thank you very much. Which year are internships usually done?
Hi Unknown2233

You are welcome. Internships can be done during any period of your study. Most people try to get onto an internship during the summer of First/Second Year as you won't have to worry about dissertation preparation that you will likely do the following summer. You can also get involved in internships during the academic year if they don't conflict/negatively affect your academic commitments.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions please ask.

Dom :bhangra:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (11)
8.59%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (13)
10.16%
No, but maybe I will look into it (35)
27.34%
No and I wouldn't consider it (69)
53.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise