pemzy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Me and my friends are moving into year 10 and one of my friends (who was set 2 in everything in year 9) is really not confident about her grades and thinks she's gonna be dropped down to set 3 when we go back (meaning she'll be put on the lower papers). I think this is mainly becuase she compares herself to myself and some of my other set 1 friends. She got 3s and 4s on all of her classes and had the occasional 2 throughout the year. So my question is what were you guys getting in year 9 and do you think she's in a good position right now?

She takes history, Spanish, Bpe and obviously the core subjects.
Bandanadude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Year 10 and mainly year 11 are the really important years. I can’t remember a thing I learnt in year 9 and I’m only 18 lol.

Tell her there’s nothing to worry about. She just needs to start revising consistently from now and she’ll be fine.
clarecassar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So, here’s the story of my physics GCSE. I was on a 4 in physics for the whole of year 9, didn’t improve one bit. Then about half way through year 10 I got a 5 and then I went up to a 6 just before the summer. In my November mock in year 11, I got a 6 again. In a test in March, I got a 7 and in my final test before my actual physics GCSE (literally about 2 weeks before they started), I got an 8. Also got an 8 in the real thing. I’m now taking physics as one of my A-level options and if you had of told me that 2 years ago, I wouldn’t have believed you.Tell your friend that anything is possible if you put your mind to it and to never give up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (77)
67.54%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.42%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.04%

Watched Threads