Can I transfer within 1st half or the starter year in college?

Watch
czVr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’m a year 11 student that has completed their GCSEs this summer and this month I chose to attend my local college (the reason being it is the only college I can currently access transport-wise) to which I’ve enrolled this week.
I wish to seek better education in the college that is farther from me but that overall has better learning facilities and a broader curriculum to explore.

I would be able to attend it in a few month as I’ll be able to move houses and live closer to a college I want to attend.

(sorry for a vague language that I’m using, ik it’s hard to read)

The question is, would I be allowed to make a transfer this year as soon as possible if I’ve already enrolled into a different college?
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, I know someone who transferred sixth forms in the first term, so it is possible. It would be best if you called the college you want to transfer to, to find out.

How far is the commute to the other college (the one you want to transfer to)? It may be better to commute until you move.
ImAGiraffe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a similar problem, but I was supposed to move beforehand and got let down and don’t have backup so looks like I’m travelling. Might be best if you do too like the other person said so you don’t have the fuss of re-enrolling and joining new classes etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (26)
27.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
9.68%
No I am happy with my choice (52)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed