The Current Year 13 Chat Thread (2019-2020) Watch

Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago

Welcome to the Current Year 13 Thread 2019-2020

So we made it...year 13, the big one:party:
This year is going to be a tough one but we can do it:yep: In this thread you can rant about personal statements, moan about revision, post pictures of your new stationery, you name it!

But first, introduce yourself with these icebreakers:wavey:
Answer as much as you feel comfortable doing

Introduce yourself
What are your hobbies/interests?
What are you studying?
What grades do you hope to achieve?
What are your plans for after Year 13?
What are your goals for the future?
How are you feeling about this year?
Got a GYG/blog? Post a link:woo:

Useful links
To follow

Good luck everyone:grouphugs:
Last edited by Lemur14; 3 weeks ago
F12Ak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey 👋 I'm Shoaib.

I go to the gym 6 days a week, I'm a powerlifter more than bodybuilder. I also do MMA. I'm quite into cars and love travelling to new places.

What are you studying? What grades do you hope to achieve?
I'm studying biology, chemistry, physics and doing an EPQ, hoping to achieve A*A*AA (AA in chemistry and EPQ, I hate chemistry)

Hopefully I'll be off to university to study physics (with foundation year as I don't do maths), preferably at Manchester, Durham or Southampton.

Be rich enough to travel the world and have nice cars

Honestly crapping myself as I'm not sure how big the jump from AS to A2 is and I really don't want to fail. Really not looking forward to chemistry, physics and biology seem interesting.
GreenCub
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Another thread...

What are your hobbies/interests? I'm what most people would consider a maths nerd - I spend quite a lot of my free time doing maths and science stuff (I've recently been reading about theoretical physics). I like programming (although I'm not really that advanced) and have made a few games in Scratch and Unity. I'm also a Rubik's Cube speedsolver and I play chess and PC games.

What are you studying? Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics.

What grades do you hope to achieve? I'm predicted all A* so hopefully I'll be able to get that and not mess up. I'd like to get SSS in STEP which would definitely be challenging.

What are you plans for after Year 13? Studying maths at university, aiming for Cambridge

What are your goals for the future? I'm not sure what career I want to go into yet, but most likely I'd want to work in a field that's interesting, non-repetitive and actually uses the stuff I've learned *cough spreadsheets*

How are you feeling about this year? I think it'll be quite interesting, although I'm very nervous about UCAS, university interviews and admissions tests. I sometimes have a tendency to mess up things on the day but there most likely isn't much to worry about.
username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are your hobbies/interests? i like performing arts i've done showcases at theaters in the past but had to tone down since sixth form began. i am in debate club. i am kindof involved in activism but i've semi given up with that. i like writing and blogging.
What are you studying? english lit, politics and geography
What grades do you hope to achieve? my predicted (ABB) or higher
What are your plans for after Year 13? hopefully uni to do law.
What are your goals for the future? don't have many. i'd like to balance work/study life with social life and be happy.
How are you feeling about this year? stressed about exams because AS didn't go the way I wanted. i'm also concerned i will struggle to balance my commitments.
blackhound333
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are your hobbies/interests? Cricket, skateboarding, dogs, guitar, wakeboarding
What are you studying? Geography, government and politics, Product Design
What grades do you hope to achieve? predicted ABB, hoping to achieve AAB
What are your plans for after Year 13? Studdy international relations at some Uni in the UK. Probably Russels group uni.
What are your goals for the future? I have no idea.
How are you feeling about this year? Anxious of a tonne of work.
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by blackhound333)
What are your hobbies/interests? Cricket, skateboarding, dogs, guitar, wakeboarding
What are you studying? Geography, government and politics, Product Design
What grades do you hope to achieve? predicted ABB, hoping to achieve AAB
What are your plans for after Year 13? Studdy international relations at some Uni in the UK. Probably Russels group uni.
What are your goals for the future? I have no idea.
How are you feeling about this year? Anxious of a tonne of work.
Are dogs your hobby or your interest? :lol:
SmartMemoryGirl!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi!
What are your hobbies/interests? : I like painting and drawing but I also like learning new languages, coding(really basic) and problem solving.
What are you studying? : Geography,Maths, Physics
What grades do you hope to achieve? : A*A*A* Predicated (A*A*A) with the extra of A in EPQ.
What are your plans for after Year 13?: uni. Probably to do civil eng or physics
What are your goals for the future?: Idk but I am excited to see what is ahead
How are you feeling about this year? : Scared, about the exams excited about going to the university.
GYG blog: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post85023120
sophswfc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi! My name is Soph and I live in Sheffield
-Hobbies/interests: doing nothing hahahaha. bit of a couch potato really
-What am I studying? AQA Gov and Politics, AQA Economics and Eduqas Geography
-What grades am I hoping to achieve? I'll take B and above. I am predicted A*s in all but the only one I can realistically see it happening in is Geography and thats a stretch. I'd love to get straight As but I'd be okay with a mix of As and Bs.
-What are my plans after year 13? Honestly dunno. Ive got a few uni courses in mind (quite varied ahaha eg. aerospace engineering w/ foundation year, law, business, nursing, social sciences, geography, finance). I could end up doing an apprenticeship too.
-What are my plans for the future? f u c k knows, not a clue
-How am I feeling about this year? I feel fine about it now, ready to get it over and done with, but I know as soon as I go back I'll get stuck in a massive rut and hate my life ahahah but its only 10 months of my life. I'll be over the moon when its over 😂
Last edited by sophswfc; 3 weeks ago
sophswfc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by F12Ak)
Hey 👋 I'm Shoaib.

I go to the gym 6 days a week, I'm a powerlifter more than bodybuilder. I also do MMA. I'm quite into cars and love travelling to new places.

What are you studying? What grades do you hope to achieve?
I'm studying biology, chemistry, physics and doing an EPQ, hoping to achieve A*A*AA (AA in chemistry and EPQ, I hate chemistry)

Hopefully I'll be off to university to study physics (with foundation year as I don't do maths), preferably at Manchester, Durham or Southampton.

Be rich enough to travel the world and have nice cars

Honestly crapping myself as I'm not sure how big the jump from AS to A2 is and I really don't want to fail. Really not looking forward to chemistry, physics and biology seem interesting.
how you manage to do all those sciences, an epq, have hobbies and maintain incredible grades is beyond me 😂 you're a better man than me. are you naturally a motivated person?
F12Ak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sophswfc)
how you manage to do all those sciences, an epq, have hobbies and maintain incredible grades is beyond me 😂 you're a better man than me. are you naturally a motivated person?
Haha I'm only motivated for physics and biology as I find them quite interesting. Chemistry on the other hand is a real struggle.

I do all my work in my lessons, free periods and after school, incase I need my teachers to go through anything. I'll go straight to the gym after school so I have the evening free at home, unless it's Wednesday when I have my MMA training. On the weekend, I don't do work for my subjects (Friday afternoons are full of free periods for me which is really good). I'll wake up at 8, go to gym (mma on Sunday) and then spend a few hours for the EPQ. I then have the rest of the day free.

It was quite a struggle for me to get into this habit but once I got into it, it's easy to follow
sophswfc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by F12Ak)
Haha I'm only motivated for physics and biology as I find them quite interesting. Chemistry on the other hand is a real struggle.

I do all my work in my lessons, free periods and after school, incase I need my teachers to go through anything. I'll go straight to the gym after school so I have the evening free at home, unless it's Wednesday when I have my MMA training. On the weekend, I don't do work for my subjects (Friday afternoons are full of free periods for me which is really good). I'll wake up at 8, go to gym (mma on Sunday) and then spend a few hours for the EPQ. I then have the rest of the day free.

It was quite a struggle for me to get into this habit but once I got into it, it's easy to follow
I think I'm gonna try getting myself into a routine this year. Reyt sick of feeling w ank because I'm unorganised. Thankyou for your reply x
Last edited by sophswfc; 3 weeks ago
MidnightSymphony
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I'm Midnight

Hobbies- Music; preparing for grade 8 LCM piano exam atm as well as accompanist. Theatre; musical director for a company (that isn't really working any more but...). Running.

Subjects- Chemistry, maths and physics all WJEC, possibly an EPQ, and Cambridge Pre-U in global perspectives

Hoping to achieve- A*AA(A, if EPQ done); Merit One in CPU

Plans after year 13- I'm not 100%. Something chemistry related at uni, but perhaps not straight chem?

Goals for the future- Future? Who is she? Honestly I don't give it any thought any more, but teaching is still an idea of mine.

How am I feeling about this year?- Nervous. Apprehensive. Lots of negative feelings, I don't think it will be great tbh
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Drag, concerts, history, Sabrina Carpenter

What are you studying?
ICT, History and Media Studies.

Distinction, B, C(?)

Higher Level apprenticeship.

Have a job with flexibility that allows me to basically work when I want but also be able to take time off work for concerts

Maybe I'll get some sleep this year who knows?

Got a GYG/blog? Post a link

http://bitly.ws/4Mps
Abbey1207
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I’m Abbey

Hobbies: Ballet and dance in general, I’m editor of the school magazine, baking, ancient languages and fashion.

Studying: History, English lit, Latin & Ancient Greek

Predicted: A* A* AA

Hoping to study ASNC at Cambridge or Medieval History at St Andrews

Bit stressed about this year, especially time management.
Charlotte LG
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Toastiekid)

Welcome to the Current Year 13 Thread 2019-2020

So we made it...year 13, the big one:party:
This year is going to be a tough one but we can do it:yep: In this thread you can rant about personal statements, moan about revision, post pictures of your new stationery, you name it!

But first, introduce yourself with these icebreakers:wavey:
Answer as much as you feel comfortable doing

Introduce yourself
What are you studying?
Got a GYG/blog? Post a link:woo:

Useful links
To follow

Good luck everyone:grouphugs:
Hello!

My my hobbies and interests:
I love taking photographs with my Canon! I love reading as well! I am currently very interested in the Chernobyl disaster, particularly after binge watching the HBO series over the summer.

What I am studying:
I am doing A-Levels in Geography, History and Physics.

What grades I would like to get:
I would like to get at least a C in Physics and A/B in Geography and History.

Plans after Y13:
I would like to take a gap year to have a break from education, pass my driving test, travel, etc. I would like to go to uni after that to do Bsc Geography

Goals for the future:
I guess I would like to help people or a cause in the future and to do what I enjoy! 😊

How I’m feeling about this year:
I feel nervous/scared of going into Y13. I’ll be in the last year of school and be leaving soon, A-Level exams at the end of it, but it could be fun as well, I’ve loved my A-Level subjects so far so we’ll see! 😊
Zaniiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hiya!

Hobbies/interests:
I enjoy doing a ton of different things really. I play netball for my local club and go to gym 3-4 times a week. I also really enjoy Drama and Performing Arts so I always try to get involved in local plays etc. I’m also really interested in anything to do with Dementia and research surrounding it.

Studying:
Biology, Chemistry and Maths (used to do Physics at AS-level but I dropped it this year) and an EPQ.

What grades I’d like to achieve:
It’s very ambitious, but I’m hoping to get 3A*s and an A in my EPQ. (Haven’t gotten predicted grades yet, but I think they’d be lower than that)

Plans for after y13?
I want to go to Uni to study Medicine but still undecided on where.

Feelings about this year:
I’m excited to start back at College and learn new content, but in that same breathe am also a tiny bit apprehensive because I’ve heard it’s quite a big jump from AS to A-levels and I know I need to really focus if I want to achieve those grades.
Physikoi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Introduce yourself : My names Jack and I'm a football expert. I know all the formations and every latest european tactics, I practically invented the inverted diamond implemented with pressing full backs and a regista lying deep.

What are your hobbies/interests? Football analysis and the odd magazine of The Economist.

What are you studying? Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics.

What grades do you hope to achieve? Predicted 3A* 1A so hopefully that but realistically I'm doubtful of an A in FM

What are your plans for after Year 13? Economics at a good uni (Really liking the sound of Warwick tbh)

What are your goals for the future? I want to do a Sarri and become a banker, making enough money to launch my football manager career.

How are you feeling about this year? Mostly good, I'm excited to start FM

Got a GYG/blog? Post a link:woo: Nada!
Physikoi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sophswfc)
Hi! My name is Soph and I live in Sheffield
-Hobbies/interests: doing nothing hahahaha. bit of a couch potato really
-What am I studying? AQA Gov and Politics, AQA Economics and Eduqas Geography
-What grades am I hoping to achieve? I'll take B and above. I am predicted A*s in all but the only one I can realistically see it happening in is Geography and thats a stretch. I'd love to get straight As but I'd be okay with a mix of As and Bs.
-What are my plans after year 13? Honestly dunno. Ive got a few uni courses in mind (quite varied ahaha eg. aerospace engineering w/ foundation year, law, business, nursing, social sciences, geography, finance). I could end up doing an apprenticeship too.
-What are my plans for the future? f u c k knows, not a clue
-How am I feeling about this year? I feel fine about it now, ready to get it over and done with, but I know as soon as I go back I'll get stuck in a massive rut and hate my life ahahah but its only 10 months of my life. I'll be over the moon when its over 😂
FOYOWLS
DerivativeName
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Playing music, especially jazz, outdoorsy things, sit coms and anything classically nerdy.
What are you studying?
Maths, Further Maths, CS
A*A*A*
We'll see if that's realistic
Uni to study Maths, hopefully Oxford, Warwick or Exeter
Maths PhD into becoming an academic. If that fails I guess making money and having a life.

Pretty confident, doing well in FM AS and mocks boosted my confidence. Not looking forward to the MAT though, and Oxford interview if I get one- I tend to say stupid things a lot if I have to speak (I think 1000 wrong things before the right one)
troubletracking
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Heyyy my name's meghan (or meg if u think i'm cool enough for that )

Honestly don't have a lot.. um, guess i play guitar a bit but i'm not that great. i don't read as much as i should for a future lit student, but i'm currently making the most of the period where the only tv show i ever watch is on so yay for gbbo giving me a personality

What are you studying?

A levels in OCR English literature, AQA history and Eduquas French (u collect pokemon cards, i collect exam boards:cool:) with an EPQ on the side which i'm already regretting

Would be lying if i said i wouldn't be disappointed by anything lower than AAA

Providing i survive, hopefully off to a russell group uni to study english literature

Deffo want to do a Master's (idk what in) or a PGCE in London and will have hopefully have made up my mind whether or not i want to be an english teacher by then:rolleyes:

Excuse my french but i'm absolutely ****ting it. i am not old enough to be starting my last year of school

Got a GYG/blog? Post a link

here she is
Last edited by troubletracking; 5 hours ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.79%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (105)
55.26%
No (74)
38.95%

Watched Threads