The Current Year 13 Chat Thread (2019-2020) Watch

username4938268
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I'm Alex and I start Year 13 on Friday. I study Biology, Chemistry and Maths, and I think I'm doing an EPQ this year too. Hoping for A*A*A* (+ A* in EPQ), but will probably be more like A*AA (A* in Chem).

No idea what I want to do in the future. Taking a year out after I've finished my A levels to work, during which I'll apply to universities (don't know which course I'll be doing though). I'm interested in science, politics and writing so I'll probably end up doing something related to one of those.

I'm a bit nervous for this year. Haven't done much work over the (10 week long) summer break so I think the first week will be a slap in the face for me. But I'm pretty determined to do well so it should be alright.
callan_russell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well hello there!
My name is Callan and im moving into year 13, just like you!

What are your hobbies/interests?
i suppose you could consider me a bit *TOO* commited to my studies because my summer has consisted of gym 6 days a week, followed by about 5 hours of studying on average... other hobbies i guess can include going out with friends once in a blue moon, listening to random genres of music because i have to make use of the £12 a month i part with for youtube premium/music... OH and stressing over A-Levels - this is a big hobby of mine! happens most days!

What are you studying?
Currently studying Chemistry (OCR Salters B), Biology (AQA) and Maths (edexcel) at a comprehensive state school!
Oh and im also doing an EPQ! (now completed!) the question is " What are scientists current views on the 'best study technique?' " Psychology n' **** you feel me? :cool:

What grades do you hope to achieve?
A*A*A... hence the 'no social life' vibe you get from me when reading about my 'hobbies' or whatever??

What are your plans for after Year 13?
Welp firstly this all depends on whether i can bring my UCAS predicted grades up from ABB to A*A*A within the next month and a half... i did a truck ton of past papers over the summer to show my teachers so lets say that i get the predictions:
Hoping to study medicine and Emmanuel college, Cambridge.
Been there a few times and i mean... theres a Nandos AND a Wagamama right next to the college entrance... AND they do your washing for you?!?! COUNT ME IN!

What are your goals for the future?
If everything goes well, then i will finish up at cambridge and go to work at the NHS for 2 years. once that finishes and i get my certificate to word as a doctor abroad (i wouldve already done my USMLE at this point) i will search for residency in the USA! Then once working ill be using a portion of my salary to invest into forex trading... and hopefully become financially stable from it! so ill be working as a doctor for about 10 years, and take early retirement hopefully wealthy and better off!!

How are you feeling about this year?
The fact i need to change my target grades up from ABB to A*A*A... i dont wanna talk 'bout it

Any other Cambridge med applicants hit me up! get some links going!!
Last edited by callan_russell; 2 weeks ago
DGeorge13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by callan_russell)
Well hello there!

i suppose you could consider me a bit *TOO* commited to my studies because my summer has consisted of gym 6 days a week, followed by about 5 hours of studying on average... other hobbies i guess can include going out with friends once in a blue moon, listening to random genres of music because i have to make use of the £12 a month i part with for youtube premium/music... OH and stressing over A-Levels - this is a big hobby of mine! happens most days!

What are you studying?
Currently studying Chemistry (OCR Salters B), Biology (AQA) and Maths (edexcel) at a comprehensive state school!
Oh and im also doing an EPQ! (now completed!) the question is " What are scientists current views on the 'best study technique?' " Psychology n' **** you feel me? :cool:

A*A*A... hence the 'no social life' vibe you get from me when reading about my 'hobbies' or whatever??

Welp firstly this all depends on whether i can bring my UCAS predicted grades up from ABB to A*A*A within the next month and a half... i did a truck ton of past papers over the summer to show my teachers so lets say that i get the predictions:
Been there a few times and i mean... theres a Nandos AND a Wagamama right next to the college entrance... AND they do your washing for you?!?! COUNT ME IN!

If everything goes well, then i will finish up at cambridge and go to work at the NHS for 2 years. once that finishes and i get my certificate to word as a doctor abroad (i wouldve already done my USMLE at this point) i will search for residency in the USA! Then once working ill be using a portion of my salary to invest into forex trading... and hopefully become financially stable from it! so ill be working as a doctor for about 10 years, and take early retirement hopefully wealthy and better off!!

The fact i need to change my target grades up from ABB to A*A*A... i dont wanna talk 'bout it

Where else do you want to apply? Have you done bmat and UCAT yet? How about work experience? What are your plans if you don’t get the predictions? What particularly attracts you to Cambridge- sorry, fellow medicine applicant here so really curoius
Sososnake
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well hello there!

What are you studying?

I’m applying to Cambridge medicine too 😁Good luck!
iiahmxd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SmartMemoryGirl!)
Hi!
What are your hobbies/interests? : I like painting and drawing but I also like learning new languages, coding(really basic) and problem solving.
What are you studying? : Geography,Maths, Physics
What grades do you hope to achieve? : A*A*A* Predicated (A*A*A) with the extra of A in EPQ.
What are your plans for after Year 13?: uni. Probably to do civil eng or physics
What are your goals for the future?: Idk but I am excited to see what is ahead
How are you feeling about this year? : Scared, about the exams excited about going to the university.
GYG blog: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6113024&p=85023 120#post8502312I
I do the same subjects and wanting to apply for civil eng
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sososnake)
I’m applying to Cambridge medicine too 😁Good luck!
ayy! what college??
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ayy! what college??
Still undecided :/
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
*cough* emmanuel might be the one *cough*
totally unbiased here o.o

I fell in love with it on the open day so id have a look on their website! never know we might end up studying together!!
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Open application?
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
*cough* emmanuel might be the one *cough*
totally unbiased here o.o

I fell in love with it on the open day so id have a look on their website! never know we might end up studying together!!
Haha I never looked there at the open day😁In pretty sure I’m gonna go for cats but not sure
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Open application?
No I’m applying straight to a college definitely
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Haha I never looked there at the open day😁In pretty sure I’m gonna go for cats but not sure
cats??
noahhh
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Toastiekid)

Welcome to the Current Year 13 Thread 2019-2020

So we made it...year 13, the big one:party:
This year is going to be a tough one but we can do it:yep: In this thread you can rant about personal statements, moan about revision, post pictures of your new stationery, you name it!

But first, introduce yourself with these icebreakers:wavey:
Answer as much as you feel comfortable doing

Introduce yourself
What are you studying?
Got a GYG/blog? Post a link:woo:

Useful links
To follow

Good luck everyone:grouphugs:
Hi, I'm Noah. I'm 17 and start Y13 on Friday. My interests include science, politics, music and reading.

I study AQA Biology, AQA Chemistry and OCR Maths, and am picking up an EPQ this year. I'm predicted A*A*A*A*, but would be happy with anything equal to or above AAAA.

Going to take a year out after Year 13, and apply to uni then. I'm currently thinking of applying to one of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Geography or Politics - but I'm not really sure.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed seeing the amount of content we have to learn, but at the same time I feel quite chilled out about it all - probably because I've just had 2 months off

You can find my GYG here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6123312
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
cats??
St Catharines
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Open application?
you applying aswell then i presume??
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
St Catharines
ahhh that was a nice college, i see why you would apply
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you applying aswell then i presume??
Not oxbridge as I don’t want to but I am applying to medicine
gullyyt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I'm Gully!

Reading manga and playing badminton/basketball :cool:

What are you studying?
AQA Biology, AQA Chemistry, AQA Physics, Edexcel Maths, (A* in EPQ achieved)

Anything above A*A*AA *fingers crossed*

Studying medicine somewhere I hope

To be financially comfortable, to give back to the community and to travel loads

Honestly, quite frightened- its such an important year and I feel like there's a lot riding on it- but I'm also up for the challenge!

GYG:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6112292
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ahhh that was a nice college, i see why you would apply
Yep I just want to find out if they use bmat section 3 because if they don’t I just won’t do any practice for that section
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yep I just want to find out if they use bmat section 3 because if they don’t I just won’t do any practice for that section
well thats fair enough i suppose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University