inkyfingers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What are you hobbies/interests? - acting
what are you studying? - English lit, History, Business, Maths
what grades do you hope to achieve? - AAA and Distinction in business
what are your plans for after yr13? - study theatre technology at my local college, or do an apprenticeship in the same thing
what are your goals for the future? - be happy and help people
how are you feeling about this year? - I might get buried under work, but I would like to get involved more around the college and my drama club.
Tried my yr7 uniform on this morning and I still fit into it. Is that a good thing?
Zaniiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kkkkrrrg)
hiya! what boards are you doing for bio/chem/math?
Bio+Chem: AQA
Maths: OCR
What boards are you doing for your subjects? 🌟
GreenCub
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
First day of year 13 today. I only had 2 lessons so I didn't have to do much work, but my chemistry class has increased in size to 14 people (because they merged classes) and it's now far too crowded for me...
DGeorge13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GreenCub)
First day of year 13 today. I only had 2 lessons so I didn't have to do much work, but my chemistry class has increased in size to 14 people (because they merged classes) and it's now far too crowded for me...
Lucky mine got merged and now has 24 and biology 26
STEM.lover
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Lucky mine got merged and now has 24 and biology 26
My maths increased from 10 to 12. But fm dropped from 6 to 3, and physics from 12 to 4.
kkkkrrrg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zaniiii)
Bio+Chem: AQA
Maths: OCR
What boards are you doing for your subjects? 🌟
not the same as u unfortunately
GreenCub
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by STEM.lover)
My maths increased from 10 to 12. But fm dropped from 6 to 3, and physics from 12 to 4.
In my school there's only one FM class and it went from 16 to 6 after year 12 mock results came out.
SmartMemoryGirl!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by iiahmxd)
I do the same subjects and wanting to apply for civil eng
That is cool. Are you just thinking about civil eng in uni? I am also thinking about physics. What would you say is your fav subject?
rhiannacatrin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Toastiekid)

Welcome to the Current Year 13 Thread 2019-2020

So we made it...year 13, the big one:party:
This year is going to be a tough one but we can do it:yep: In this thread you can rant about personal statements, moan about revision, post pictures of your new stationery, you name it!

But first, introduce yourself with these icebreakers:wavey:
Answer as much as you feel comfortable doing

Introduce yourself
What are your hobbies/interests?
What are you studying?
What grades do you hope to achieve?
What are your plans for after Year 13?
What are your goals for the future?
How are you feeling about this year?
Got a GYG/blog? Post a link:woo:

Useful links
To follow

Good luck everyone:grouphugs:
hey! I'm Rhianna.

hobbies and interests: I love singing - i do choral scholarship at my college. I also play 3 instruments (piano, violin and guitar) so love playing them too!
subjects: English Lit, Psychology and Law A level.
grades: I'm hoping to get AAA but don't think that i'll be able to in English.
plans after yr 13: Hoping to go to uni to study law (with Criminology, Politics or Social Sciences; depending on the uni's i hopefully get in to)
goals for the future: Just to hopefully get into a uni I like and finish a degree lol
im feeling: really nervous, i'm pretty stressed because i know it will be full on as soon as we go back.
dasda
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys jumping on this thread. Going into year 13 and doing aqa bio and chem and edexcel maths. Hoping for at least at an AAA for medicine.
ashestostardust
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hiya, I'm Molly and I am totally terrified of this year.

What are your hobbies/interests?
Love writing and coming up with storylines in my free time. Most of it, though, has been taken up with listening to music and giving JK Rowling all my money.

What are you studying?
English Literature, English Language, Politics & EPQ.

What grades do you hope to achieve?
I need AAA for Edinburgh (hopefully they don't reject me lmao) but I'm aiming as high as I can.

What are your plans for after Year 13?
Hope to go straight to uni, might do a study abroad too. Maybe get some work experience in publishing? Idk.

What are your goals for the future?
I hope to one day write a book. Current ambitions reside in not failing my A levels, though, of which I am convinced I will.

How are you feeling about this year?

AHHHHHHh. Already quite nervous because I'm just too relaxed at school. Far too relaxed. Last year I was doing all this work all the time and I had all this motivation. I guess I just need to find it again :/
rebeccamay_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
did anyone else do kinda bad in year 12 but is aiming high for year 13?
callan_russell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@rebeccamay_ YES. I got BBC in my mocks, and i worked throughout the whole of summer, 7 chemistry papers, 5 biology papers and 5 maths papers, and I'm trying to apply to cambridge medicine 😐👍🏼
Sososnake
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by callan_russell)
@rebeccamay_ YES. I got BBC in my mocks, and i worked throughout the whole of summer, 7 chemistry papers, 5 biology papers and 5 maths papers, and I'm trying to apply to cambridge medicine 😐👍🏼
I am also aiming for cambridge medicine! I’m so scared to send my application off 😬
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@sososnake as long as ur school brings ur UCAS predicted up to A*A*A you should have a high chance of an interview... 75% do get one. by then you can just concentrate on interview techniques and after that if u get an offer just WORK WORK WORK. I mean 4-5 hours after school each day, working 9-5 on weekends studying, doing every past paper known like 5 times...if I actually get an offer from emmanuel I will have no free time from january to the end of june GLADLY
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@sososnake as long as ur school brings ur UCAS predicted up to A*A*A you should have a high chance of an interview... 75% do get one. by then you can just concentrate on interview techniques and after that if u get an offer just WORK WORK WORK. I mean 4-5 hours after school each day, working 9-5 on weekends studying, doing every past paper known like 5 times...if I actually get an offer from emmanuel I will have no free time from january to the end of june GLADLY
I’ve already been told I’ll be predicted A*A*A* based off of my year 12 mocks and running averages from topic tests. Still petrified because I know a lot of the people applying will be some of the smartest in the country.
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@sososnake if they consider you as smart enough for cambridge, they'll accept you. dont think of the others, they can only do so much... if you're not in a private school for example then they will take that into account!
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@sososnake if they consider you as smart enough for cambridge, they'll accept you. dont think of the others, they can only do so much... if you're not in a private school for example then they will take that into account!
I’m just stressing because I’ve done 0 BMAT or interview preparation and I’m barely halfway through my personal statement and I also have 3 A levels to worry about. The only thing I’ve done so far is my ucat :/

Ps. Quote my messages to give me a notification
callan_russell
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sososnake)
I’m just stressing because I’ve done 0 BMAT or interview preparation and I’m barely halfway through my personal statement and I also have 3 A levels to worry about. The only thing I’ve done so far is my ucat :/

Ps. Quote my messages to give me a notification
yeah me neither! I'm now going to use all the days I have half days at school to do some UCAT prep, and BMAT past papers on the weekends. just prep your week, work hard, have cambridge as that vision, and hopefully then through dedication over the next few weeks you'll do fine! (also, do interview prep once you actually get an interview)
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah me neither! I'm now going to use all the days I have half days at school to do some UCAT prep, and BMAT past papers on the weekends. just prep your week, work hard, have cambridge as that vision, and hopefully then through dedication over the next few weeks you'll do fine! (also, do interview prep once you actually get an interview)
When is your ucat? If you need help at all I’ve done mine so I can tell you how I prepared and how the real thing compares to practice tests.

Hopefully we’ll both do fine 😁, however you usually find out about interviews mid November and they start in December so I’m going to start preparation earlier, probably once I’ve sent my application off on October 15th.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate