The Student Room Group

distance learning

Hi all, I'm studying distance learning at huddersfield doing a masters in investigative psychology. I was wondering how to still make friends and experience some uni life as I am only in 3 weeks of the year. I enjoy travelling in my camper and like a spiritual life, not to be confused with religious.
Original post by HippieHaven
Hi all, I'm studying distance learning at huddersfield doing a masters in investigative psychology. I was wondering how to still make friends and experience some uni life as I am only in 3 weeks of the year. I enjoy travelling in my camper and like a spiritual life, not to be confused with religious.

It's obviously going to be a completely different experience than attending a university full- or even part-time. If you are provided with a learning platform, you may be able to interact with fellow distance learners on there. It also depends on what you mean by 'uni life'.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
It's obviously going to be a completely different experience than attending a university full- or even part-time. If you are provided with a learning platform, you may be able to interact with fellow distance learners on there. It also depends on what you mean by 'uni life'.

Is it? In my specific experience I don't think doing a PhD full time is all that different to distance learning myself. A taught master's might be different. An MRes could be somewhere in the middle.

OP try and find any course facebook or whatsapp groups for where get togethers are organised.
Original post by marinade
Is it? In my specific experience I don't think doing a PhD full time is all that different to distance learning myself. A taught master's might be different. An MRes could be somewhere in the middle.

From my experience it is very different, but I guess it depends on the person and the situation. I've always preferred to be in and around academic buildings and contexts when I study, but distance learners won't always have that option. :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
From my experience it is very different, but I guess it depends on the person and the situation. I've always preferred to be in and around academic buildings and contexts when I study, but distance learners won't always have that option. :dontknow:

I know. I did my degree full time but this course doesn't have that option

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending