Jackgcsehelp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Have any coursework in any of them?
Or could someone give me some intent to what I’m in for (this is for a level btw)
Sam171
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jackgcsehelp)
Have any coursework in any of them?
Or could someone give me some intent to what I’m in for (this is for a level btw)
Ok now for psychology i have a couple of very close friends who took it, its a very easy subject but requires a good amount of memorization , its all based on case studies and you have to provide great explanation and analysis based on your opinions and he information you kearned, its also fun and the average is usually good , you can lose 20 points in the AS and still get an A

For me i took business A level, i have to say its not a very difficult subject , but examiners are strict with the short answers questions, definitions are based on key words and specific words..essay questions are less strict but answers should be relevant, the ABC range are all less than 10 marks apart, so it can be risky , but the material is not very short, theres is a bit of depth but its a fun subject as well ..but in the A level in general the curve is good , just focus on the cases and past papers are extremely repititive , so if you solve the last 3-4 years you are well prepared , im here for any questions

Also note that eventhough these subjects are literary , there are calculations and graphs in some cases , they are not tricky, simple maths and equations but you need to be prepared for that
In business you need to show thinking abilities because nit everything is shown , you have to give scenarios for the examiner and treat them like you are teaching the subject, the writing should be concise and clear, and explanation should be valid , and you can easily get a B atleast , but not studying by exact key words and needs of the material, you can seriously screw up
Last edited by Sam171; 1 year ago
Jackgcsehelp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Salim16)
Ok now for psychology i have a couple of very close friends who took it, its a very easy subject but requires a good amount of memorization , its all based on case studies and you have to provide great explanation and analysis based on your opinions and he information you kearned, its also fun and the average is usually good , you can lose 20 points in the AS and still get an A

For me i took business A level, i have to say its not a very difficult subject , but examiners are strict with the short answers questions, definitions are based on key words and specific words..essay questions are less strict but answers should be relevant, the ABC range are all less than 10 marks apart, so it can be risky , but the material is not very short, theres is a bit of depth but its a fun subject as well ..but in the A level in general the curve is good , just focus on the cases and past papers are extremely repititive , so if you solve the last 3-4 years you are well prepared , im here for any questions

Also note that eventhough these subjects are literary , there are calculations and graphs in some cases , they are not tricky, simple maths and equations but you need to be prepared for that
In business you need to show thinking abilities because nit everything is shown , you have to give scenarios for the examiner and treat them like you are teaching the subject, the writing should be concise and clear, and explanation should be valid , and you can easily get a B atleast , but not studying by exact key words and needs of the material, you can seriously screw up
Sounds exactly like I planned. Memory is something I’m good at, I remembered the whole quadratic formula the day I got given it by looking at it 3 times and covering it up.
Thank you so so so much for this great explanation it is very helpful and has gave me w good start for me to go off before college.
Business sounds basically like geography for the key definitions and case study’s which I honestly don’t mind, I had to learn all the eye key words for biology which went fine.

Psycology is somehting out there for me. I’m decent st maths (6) almost a 7. My explanation skills are the thing I’m best at, which got me so well in English.
Psycology jusr seems like such a good subject , very interesting it seems. Honestly biology and maths weren’t my best lessons for grade wise but I certainly enjoyed them.

Again this was so helpful it means a lot. Thank you so much for spending your time and answering.

Ps. Anyone know anything about how English language will be
Sam171
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jackgcsehelp)
Sounds exactly like I planned. Memory is something I’m good at, I remembered the whole quadratic formula the day I got given it by looking at it 3 times and covering it up.
Thank you so so so much for this great explanation it is very helpful and has gave me w good start for me to go off before college.
Business sounds basically like geography for the key definitions and case study’s which I honestly don’t mind, I had to learn all the eye key words for biology which went fine.

Psycology is somehting out there for me. I’m decent st maths (6) almost a 7. My explanation skills are the thing I’m best at, which got me so well in English.
Psycology jusr seems like such a good subject , very interesting it seems. Honestly biology and maths weren’t my best lessons for grade wise but I certainly enjoyed them.

Again this was so helpful it means a lot. Thank you so much for spending your time and answering.

Ps. Anyone know anything about how English language will be
Youre more than welcome its my pleasure, if you need any help with the material i would be happy to help you
Last edited by Sam171; 1 year ago
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Twenty per cent of your English language grade at A Level is non-exam assessment. The tasks that you have to do depend on which awarding body your sixth form's English department has chosen. (For AQA, you do an original writing component with a style model, a piece creative writing and a commentary on your own work. The other NEA component is a language investigation where you collect data and analyse it to see how it answers a linguistic question that you have.)

With English language, you're in for a few topics that involve the linguistic aspect of the language: children's spoken language and literacy acquisition (where you learn how a child learns the English language from birth to eleven years old and evaluate different theories of this; there's definitely an element of psychology in this topic), text analysis (analysing how the admixture of genre, audience, purpose and context forms meanings and representations, using the metalanguage of grammar to help you), sociolinguistics (how dialects may affect our perception of people, English as a lingua franca and all that good stuff).

The exam structure you sit depends on the awarding body. (If you sit with AQA, the non-NEA part of your grade is assessed by two equally weighted, essay-based written examinations.)

I hope this helps!
Last edited by Tolgash; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (60)
13.3%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (58)
12.86%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (174)
38.58%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (48)
10.64%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (88)
19.51%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.1%

Watched Threads