The Student Room Group

A Level Choices HELP

I'm really starting to doubt choosing to study Biology A Level. This would be along with Chemistry and Biology.

However, I'm not 100% passionate about biology, don't really want to take it but feel like it would be a lot more beneficial to have it to open new career paths. If i didn't take bio i would do geography (which i love). however Chem, Geog & Geol is all a narrow field and means if i decide to study Medical Chemsitry or the like later I wouldn't be able to. Help!
Reply 1
I’m in the same position as you. From what you have said, I think you should do Biology and Chemistry. With two sciences, you open so many career paths and you pretty much can do most careers. I wouldn’t suggest that you do Geology as it won’t really work with your choices. Even though you aren’t completely passionate on biology, it has to be done to attain a good future. You will regret if you don’t take it, as having a narrow career route isn’t the best especially at this age when you find different interests.

Geology is quite boring as well. I was going to take it but after looking in detail at the course, it wasn’t my cup of tea. But of course that’s just my opinion. At least with Biology, you will become more knowledgeable and have a better chance of doing medicine
Reply 2
Original post by Yuillh
I'm really starting to doubt choosing to study Biology A Level. This would be along with Chemistry and Biology.

However, I'm not 100% passionate about biology, don't really want to take it but feel like it would be a lot more beneficial to have it to open new career paths. If i didn't take bio i would do geography (which i love). however Chem, Geog & Geol is all a narrow field and means if i decide to study Medical Chemsitry or the like later I wouldn't be able to. Help!

Bite the bullet Biology Chemistry Geography a very strong combination.Do not take Geog and geology!
Reply 3
It really depends on what you want to do after A-Levels, which it sounds like Biology would be best for you. As for Biology not being something your passionate about, I did both Biology and Geography and used to look forward to learning about Biology and used to regret ever taking Geography because I was so bored of the content.

Quick Reply

Latest