Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I guess the reason I don't have a very manc accent is because my dad is from Fulham and the rest of my family is from South Manchester/Cheshire. Although my parents certainly do not sound posh they are quite well spoken. I try and make an effort not to sound too manc otherwise my speach would not make any sence.

I think I just have an average accent really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I guess the reason I don't have a very manc accent is because my dad is from Fulham and the rest of my family is from South Manchester/Cheshire. Although my parents certainly do not sound posh they are quite well spoken. I try and make an effort not to sound too manc otherwise my speach would not make any sence.

I think it is safe to say that the further up north you go, the worse the accent gets, but that is just personal opinion. manc accents arn't all that bad actually.

ReputationRep:
    there was a thread like this a fair while ago...when ppl (including me) put their voices on sound files...i've tried searching for it but the search is sh*t anyone remember it?? if so try and find it please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    there was a thread like this a fair while ago...when ppl (including me) put their voices on sound files...i've tried searching for it but the search is sh*t anyone remember it?? if so try and find it please!
    I think I may have made the last one as well, but it must have been around 4 or 5 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    Oooo I like listening to other people's voices...but everyone sounds soooo posh compared to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starbuck*)
    Oooo I like listening to other people's voices...but everyone sounds soooo posh compared to me!
    I sound so posh compared to most people, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:

But too me the cornwall accent sounds really strange. Manchester isn't really as far north as say London as people think anyway. Also some of the London accents are quite shocking for example Jade Goodey

ReputationRep:
    Only 2 people have actually posted their voice in 3 pages...hmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I think I may have made the last one as well, but it must have been around 4 or 5 months ago.
    the thing is with the search is that you can only ever view 1 page of search results...stupid bug in it...needs to be fixed

and also unless you can remember certain key words in it (like i tried microphone...but it didnt work) then you have to hope that "6 months" or whatever is close enough so it appears oi the front page

ReputationRep:
    But too me the cornwall accent sounds really strange. Manchester isn't really as far north as say London as people think anyway. Also some of the London accents are quite shocking for example Jade Goodey
    I hate that accent, I just want to round everyone who speaks like that up and make them go through forced 're-education'.

ReputationRep:
    I won't post mine as you can hear my voice if you tune in to my radio show on Friday at 12.30!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    Only 2 people have actually posted their voice in 3 pages...hmm...
    Why not put your voice up then to make it 3 people.

ReputationRep:
    I hate that accent, I just want to round everyone who speaks like that up and make them go through forced 're-education'.
    As much as I don't want to be prejudiced against people with really strong accents I have never heared anybody at university like that. However her accent is because she is thick rather than just from a poor area of London.

Oh who well may be she will move to that country she likes called Eastern Anglia or her get married to her favourite pop star Bill Clinton.

ReputationRep:
    shout loudly and let me see if i can hear you

ReputationRep:
    aww what a polite voice!!

ReputationRep:
    I have an RP/Southern accent. Sounds pretty polite - probably can sound camp too - if I don't watch it.

ReputationRep:
    In response to the thread by Raphael, what does everyone sound like,
    since going to bristol it seems to have gone more posh, but thankfully without a hint of bristolian!

When I am drunk i actually have a scottish accent for some strange reason.
    Don't remind me, oh please God don't remind me!

ReputationRep:
    Well i will post a soundbyte when i can... but until then:
    I sound pretty weird - i cudn't talk when i was lil so i had to have speach therapy - so i sound a lil posh @ times... However i also hav a distinct Leeds streak which gets more pronounced when i'm around southerners - like i pronounce grass with a harder and harder a to make up for their grarss!! Hehe. And i have a mild stammer type thing still And occasionally i break into Greenham townie spk - but mainly jus to rip the piss!

Oh yes, and as for my voice, I don't have a mic or anything but Mersh can have a stab at if if he would like. Rather posh overall with that inevitable hint of farmeeerrrrrr Somerset, that's all I can say. Others can probably describe it better, so Mark?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.