A-level experience Watch

EmmaJCummings
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have just started college and am wondering what peoples experiences are taking any of the subjects: Health and Social Care or Psychology.
Also...
what is the content like?
how much revision was needed?
how was the coursework? (health and social)
what results did you end up getting?
Leahmitch
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EmmaJCummings)
I have just started college and am wondering what peoples experiences are taking any of the subjects: Health and Social Care or Psychology.
Also...
what is the content like?
how much revision was needed?
how was the coursework? (health and social)
what results did you end up getting?
The content depends on what units you are doing. The units I did, contained a lot of content but it wasn’t hard to learn.

I was working 20 hours a week during my health and social care exams so I didn’t get much time to revise unfortunately however I was 3 marks under a merit. I would recommend doing a bit of revision just because there’s a lot of important details you need to know.

I found the health and social care coursework really straightforward. Tbh I really enjoyed doing it even though it got boring sometimes. I got a distinction which was great news. Some people in my class got low marks because they didn’t put any effort into the coursework.

You can always resist your test if you don’t get the grades you want however once your coursework has been submitted then that’s it. To get the best grade in your coursework you need to mention a lot of detail, facts, your own opinions and statistics especially if you’re doing the psychology part of health and social care.
Last edited by Leahmitch; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads