shady1402
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Well hi guys!
I’ve decided to document my journey of year 11 in a grow ur grades forum because I thought it would be interesting to see how I grow academically and personally through this important year. Year 10 was tough ngl but I really really enjoyed it despite the things it threw at me. Here are a few things about me:

I’m really outgoing I’m way too loud it’s insane, people call me funny but I honestly don’t even know how I just say whatever- I literally talk rubbish. This summer I have got all my notes together thank God, but the only problem is I want to re do them they are SO UGLY you don’t even understand. My sister said she would re do them for me and she’s already started that so I am very grateful. I’ll share with you my Mock resultsI’m aqa for evetything btw)

Art-7
Biology-5
Chemistry-5
English Lang-5
English lit-5
Maths-5
Physics-4
Rs-4
Spanish-3

I’m so dumb as you can see ahahaha. I’m aiming for much much higher, all grade 7-9 but I have no clue how I am going to be able to do it because I revised so much and it clearly didn’t pay off so I’m scared to do that again and it not paying off. I’m really stressed at the moment because of my sister re doing my notes- she will have them done by like early September but I don’t think I’ll be at peace until she does(btw she is fine with doing them don’t worry I would never force her to)

I think the reason I am scared for year 11 is because it’s my last year of secondary school. I love school so much my yesr is the BEST- we have 200 people in a year and we are all so close it is insane- we are close with all the years aswell which makes it feel so homey. The teachers aren’t the best, my biology teacher is awful like I don’t thibk you would ever understand she’s a bully. Biology is my favourite lesson aswell so it is upsetting.

Here are my individual subject targets:
Art-8
Biology-8/9
Chemistry-8/9
English Language-7
English Literature-7/8
Maths-7/8
Physics-7
Rs-9
Spanish-7

I feel so blessed being able to have the opportunities I do- I go to a private school and I feel like that’s what makes me the person I am today (trust me private schools aren’t not snobby at all- well mine isn’t we are literally like any other state school we are friends with the private schools and state schools all around us) I feel like it has made me such a humbling person. I have been confident from a young age, and yes I do have quite a few self esteem issues, but my school really has bought out my confidence a lot more and made me realise that I don’t need the approval of anyone for me to know who I am in my heart.

You’ll see me again on the 1st September. I am planning to document every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I can get out a review of my week. I hope you enjoy and anyone willing to share anything down below is welcome🥰🥰

Spoiler:
Show
Last edited by shady1402; 1 month ago
_Mia101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shady1402)
Well hi guys!
I’ve decided to document my journey of year 11 in a grow ur grades forum because I thought it would be interesting to see how I grow academically and personally through this important year. Year 10 was tough ngl but I really really enjoyed it despite the things it threw at me. Here are a few things about me:

I’m really outgoing I’m way too loud it’s insane, people call me funny but I honestly don’t even know how I just say whatever- I literally talk rubbish. This summer I have got all my notes together thank God, but the only problem is I want to re do them they are SO UGLY you don’t even understand. My sister said she would re do them for me and she’s already started that so I am very grateful. I’ll share with you my Mock resultsI’m aqa for evetything btw)

Art-7
Biology-5
Chemistry-5
English Lang-5
English lit-5
Maths-5
Physics-4
Rs-4
Spanish-3

I’m so dumb as you can see ahahaha. I’m aiming for much much higher, all grade 7-9 but I have no clue how I am going to be able to do it because I revised so much and it clearly didn’t pay off so I’m scared to do that again and it not paying off. I’m really stressed at the moment because of my sister re doing my notes- she will have them done by like early September but I don’t think I’ll be at peace until she does(btw she is fine with doing them don’t worry I would never force her to)

I think the reason I am scared for year 11 is because it’s my last year of secondary school. I love school so much my yesr is the BEST- we have 200 people in a year and we are all so close it is insane- we are close with all the years aswell which makes it feel so homey. The teachers aren’t the best, my biology teacher is awful like I don’t thibk you would ever understand she’s a bully. Biology is my favourite lesson aswell so it is upsetting.

Here are my individual subject targets:
Art-8
Biology-8/9
Chemistry-8/9
English Language-7
English Literature-7/8
Maths-7/8
Physics-7
Rs-9
Spanish-7

I feel so blessed being able to have the opportunities I do- I go to a private school and I feel like that’s what makes me the person I am today (trust me private schools aren’t not snobby at all- well mine isn’t we are literally like any other state school we are friends with the private schools and state schools all around us) I feel like it has made me such a humbling person. I have been confident from a young age, and yes I do have quite a few self esteem issues, but my school really has bought out my confidence a lot more and made me realise that I don’t need the approval of anyone for me to know who I am in my heart.

You’ll see me again on the 1st September. I am planning to document every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I can get out a review of my week. I hope you enjoy and anyone willing to share anything down below is welcome🥰🥰
I get what you mean about biology. I love biology but I hate the class.

Also, please tag me
JustAWxnderer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck in year 11 😁👍
I hope you get the grades you want.

Also what type of revision do you do? Everyone learns differently so maybe you'd benefit more from different revision techniques.
shady1402
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
I get what you mean about biology. I love biology but I hate the class.

Also, please tag me
exactly- it has always been one of my favourite lessons and my teacher ruined it... it doesn't make it better that she hasn't really tought us anything
I sound really dumb but how do I tag someone I've been trying to figure it out xx 😬
shady1402
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustAWxnderer)
Good luck in year 11 😁👍
I hope you get the grades you want.

Also what type of revision do you do? Everyone learns differently so maybe you'd benefit more from different revision techniques.
thank you xx
and for revision well all I did was make notes and read them but I now know this is really passive so I'm still going to make notes so I've got a summarised version of each topic then I'm just going to do practice questions and as much active re call as possible
Year11Student:)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tag me please!!
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
exactly- it has always been one of my favourite lessons and my teacher ruined it... it doesn't make it better that she hasn't really tought us anything
I sound really dumb but how do I tag someone I've been trying to figure it out xx 😬
Hey, good luck with everything! Don’t let a poor teacher out you off biology :hugs:

To tag someone start by typing the @ symbol and put their username straight after (no space). Their name should start to appear
shady1402
Rep:
?
Sunday 1st September 2019

I’m currently on holiday and I get back home tomorrow😊
It’s so scary how it is September now, it isn’t really starting to kick in that we are going back to school so soon- 3 more days for me!
My sister is still doing my notes for me bless her heart; she’s done quite a lot she’s almost finished not even going to lie
I have a good list of my revision and what I plan to do for every subject throughout the year so if you want to see it so you have an idea of what to do I can share it!
In year 11, we get a full report before like December and it has teachers comments and our current grade and I’m hoping for my grades to look like this:

Art-7
Biology-7
Chemistry-7
English Language-7
English Literature-7
Maths-7
Physics-6
RS-8
Spanish-6

I’m trying really hard and I’m putting my all into my subjects. If I get these results for my first report I feel like it will put me at rest and stop me worrying so much because this whole year I haven’t seen any improvement in myself as of right now.
Also, does anyone know if it’s okay to use the old spec to practice question papers or would it be really useless and confuse me even more?

this is a bit of a short update and I’ll be back tomorrow

ty to anyone who’s read x
shady1402
Rep:
?
Monday 2nd September 2019

hi again!

so I have come back off of my holiday and now it has really sunk in that I am starting year 11. I also decided that I will update this thread everyday because why not🤷🏾. I have decided to just read over my notes until Wednesday because I don't see any point of doing anything else. my sister has got a few topics left to do for me so I am so happy. I also made my revision timetable and I am printing off an academic year calendar so I am being really prepared. everyday weekday (monday-friday) I am revising 3 subjects for one hour each and on weekends (saturday+sunday) I am revising 6 subjects for one hour each. is this a good timetable? is one hour effective? obviously it'll probably change as I get closer to exam times and when I am doing practice papers for subjects as I'll need more time. this timetable worked around my days perfectly so it'll be hard to change though.

I've got my school bag now and my uniform (we get a new tie I love it). my handbag is massive but the straps don't look thick but I guess they are strong. I'm really excited not going to lie but I really want to improve. me and my friend are going to compare our notes when we get back and then we are making revision cards together. we are sharing the revision cards (we both do triple) and maths aswell. for english language we don't need revision cards I don't think, english literature we both do an inspector calls but we do different Shakespeare books and 19th century novels so we are going to make them ourselves then test each other. same for our languages and humanities- she does latin and history and I do Spanish and rs. then we both do art so nothing for that aswell

I'm looking forward to going back but I'm scared of burning myself out- I revised everyday basically on this holiday and I got ill twice (I never get ill) and I'm worried its from stress. is this possible? incase I haven't mentioned, I'm dyslexic (only found out like two months ago, I'm sorry for the mistakes I've typed out😬) so I now get extra time and I hope it is as useful as the teachers say it will be. when it comes to revision I can write out the notes perfectly fine but I can never read them cos it doesn't go in my head so thats why I'm excited to make my flashcards🤣

if my grades don't improve this year I honestly don't know what i will do with myself- last year (year 10) I made notes but didn't rad them so I think thats what went wrong and now I still make notes but I am also making flashcards and doing past papers. for the sciences I'm using primrose kitten to make massive mind maps from her summary videos but apart from tat I will not be making mind maps for anything else cos I really find them useless. apart from that for sciences I make notes from free science lessons videos.

tomorrow in my post I can tell you the ways I am planning on revising for each subject and it'll really help If there is anything else you think I should do.

byeeeee until tomorrow xoxo
Last edited by shady1402; 1 month ago
ProTractor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think 6 hours would be a bit heavy for the first weeks? I think that would be more effective close to the exams, as you’ll risk burning yourself out very early on. Good luck this year!
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Wow your so organised!!!! I really need to write notes up for each subject but idrk how to present it so would you mind sending me a pic of an example of how you’ve/ your sister has written the notes out of possible? Also for the revision timetable I’d go easy for the first couple of months because I did that in year 10 and I burned myself out quickly so I would build up to the hours of revision so you get used to it and it really helps trust me good luck for year 11 x
shady1402
Rep:
?
(Original post by ProTractor)
I think 6 hours would be a bit heavy for the first weeks? I think that would be more effective close to the exams, as you’ll risk burning yourself out very early on. Good luck this year!
yep I was thinking that so I think on the weekend I might just do half an hour for each subject instead of one hour. thank you xx
shady1402
Rep:
?
(Original post by Year11Student:))
Hi! Wow your so organised!!!! I really need to write notes up for each subject but idrk how to present it so would you mind sending me a pic of an example of how you’ve/ your sister has written the notes out of possible? Also for the revision timetable I’d go easy for the first couple of months because I did that in year 10 and I burned myself out quickly so I would build up to the hours of revision so you get used to it and it really helps trust me good luck for year 11 x
yes sure! she's giving me them all at once when she's finished them so as soon as I have them I will upload a picture of what they look like (I will send a picture of one note from each my subjects). and yes I think I will do half an our instead because less can be more I guess🙃 thank you xox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes sure! she's giving me them all at once when she's finished them so as soon as I have them I will upload a picture of what they look like (I will send a picture of one note from each my subjects). and yes I think I will do half an our instead because less can be more I guess🙃 thank you xox
Thank you so much!!! Xx
shady1402
Rep:
?
Tuesday 3rd September 2019

so ive barley done anything today but it has somehow managed to be extreemely hectic???? ive had mixed emotions: fear, excitedness, anger and even some tears- yes i am soooo dramatic. i gave year 11 all to God though (im Christian) and i feel so much at peace. i planned to go to sleep at 10pm but now its currently 11pm and i am wide awake.

i have everything i need for school now and all i can do now is wait. ive packed my bag and everything and i have alright lessons tommorrow. im really just excited to see everyone and i really do hope year eleven is MY YEAR!!

this isnt really much as I have'nt Really done anything today but tomorrow I promise it'll be a very long one!!

Good night and I will talk to you later xxx
ProTractor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck tomorrow! Today was my first day back and it was nowhere near as bad as I had expected it to be
shady1402
Rep:
?
Wednesday 4th September 2019

First day of school

Well here we go! I’m officially a year eleven. I’m so happy it went so well and I’m having so much hope for this year. I really do feel like it could be my year. So today I had
-art
-chemistry
-biology
-spanish🤮
-games
-english

However we missed the first two lessons (we always miss the first two lessons on the first day because we have to spend time with form)

Biology was good because I knew a lot of it because I had pre taught myself it so I was ahead. Spanish we didn’t even do anything she talked all lesson. Games was so so fun! Before in previous year we had double games and we did hockey and netball and that was annoying (even though I used to play hockey) but this year we literally do benchball and dodge ball all year which is fun

I got sooooo much homework though and I’ve done it all and I did my revision for: English lit, maths and biology. I’m gradually doing it through the year like I did last year but this time I’m doing it every lessons instead of making notes before every end of topic test. It is kind of stressful cos I only have 4 hours a night to compete everything but I hope I can manage it.

I’m in my room not just putting my revision away and when I ‘go to bed’ (my mum sends me to bed at 10:30 cos I stress myself out but I continue my work cos I just do not have the time in them four hours) I’ll read pride and prejudice (only ten pages today) and I’ll do some more biology notes cos I deffo want them done so soon.

On the updates about my sister re doing my notes she’s got like one more topic left and she will give them to me, but she wants to like do fancy titles on them for me (bless her) so it might be longer but I will upload them on here as soon as possible!!

I hope everyone has had a blessed day and year eleven WILL BE OUR YEAR. Keep telling urself that and you will belive it. I have so much determination and you guys should to!

Today honestly made me realise how much I will miss secondary school- seeing all my friends made me realise how much they mean to me yano- its a mad one pahahahha

I’ll talk to you tomorrow and update me on ur days aswell!! Xoxoxox

p.s. is anyone knows how to make flashcards that would be so appreciated. So many people have tried to explain it to me and I’ve watched countless YouTube videos on it but I can’t get my head round it. If someone doesn’t mind can they give me a detailed step by step instructions. I want to condense my notes even further into flashcards because I heard it helps with retaining knowledge a lot😬 thank you in advance xox
_Mia101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wednesday 4th September 2019

First day of school

Well here we go! I’m officially a year eleven. I’m so happy it went so well and I’m having so much hope for this year. I really do feel like it could be my year. So today I had
-art
-chemistry
-biology
-spanish🤮
-games
-english

However we missed the first two lessons (we always miss the first two lessons on the first day because we have to spend time with form)

Biology was good because I knew a lot of it because I had pre taught myself it so I was ahead. Spanish we didn’t even do anything she talked all lesson. Games was so so fun! Before in previous year we had double games and we did hockey and netball and that was annoying (even though I used to play hockey) but this year we literally do benchball and dodge ball all year which is fun

I got sooooo much homework though and I’ve done it all and I did my revision for: English lit, maths and biology. I’m gradually doing it through the year like I did last year but this time I’m doing it every lessons instead of making notes before every end of topic test. It is kind of stressful cos I only have 4 hours a night to compete everything but I hope I can manage it.

I’m in my room not just putting my revision away and when I ‘go to bed’ (my mum sends me to bed at 10:30 cos I stress myself out but I continue my work cos I just do not have the time in them four hours) I’ll read pride and prejudice (only ten pages today) and I’ll do some more biology notes cos I deffo want them done so soon.

On the updates about my sister re doing my notes she’s got like one more topic left and she will give them to me, but she wants to like do fancy titles on them for me (bless her) so it might be longer but I will upload them on here as soon as possible!!

I hope everyone has had a blessed day and year eleven WILL BE OUR YEAR. Keep telling urself that and you will belive it. I have so much determination and you guys should to!

Today honestly made me realise how much I will miss secondary school- seeing all my friends made me realise how much they mean to me yano- its a mad one pahahahha

I’ll talk to you tomorrow and update me on ur days aswell!! Xoxoxox

p.s. is anyone knows how to make flashcards that would be so appreciated. So many people have tried to explain it to me and I’ve watched countless YouTube videos on it but I can’t get my head round it. If someone doesn’t mind can they give me a detailed step by step instructions. I want to condense my notes even further into flashcards because I heard it helps with retaining knowledge a lot😬 thank you in advance xox
homework on the first day?? :zomg:

If you want to condense your notes into flashcards you need to understand them first, then just say it again in your own word with less words (personally, i put them in bullet points).
shady1402
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
homework on the first day?? :zomg:

If you want to condense your notes into flashcards you need to understand them first, then just say it again in your own word with less words (personally, i put them in bullet points).
I know!! I got another like 2 pieces of homework today but honestly I feel like I am managing it. I guess it can count towards revision in a way

so for the flashcards, should I read through my notes and then write down the name of what I'm talking about (e.g. the brain) on one side and then write really condensed bullet point on it on the other side?

thank you x
shady1402
Rep:
?
Thursday 5th September 2019

im kind of getting used to tis year eleven thing. my academic confidence has been growing a bit which I am so happy about I hope it continues to grow. today was an alright day like nothing interesting happened apart from the fact I woke up at like 4:10 with full energy so I revised🤡 I'm just having a 10 minute break from chemistry cos its boring me too much so ill tell you about my day

Morning
it was one of my friends birthday today so obviously we took charge of the speakers (like everyday hehe) and had a little party before we had to go to form rooms
we didn't have assembly today so we just talked in our form rooms before we had our first lesson

RS Religion
we started learning the Islam side of the course. we honestly didn't do too much we did more discussions. we did a test before we broke up for summer and I got a 9 in it (I already knew this and I think I might have mentioned it earlier) but my mark was 15/16 and I could have got 16/16 if I got my extra time back then. this has really regained my confidence of me getting a 9 in the actual gcse. I haven't really ever revised for rs but I need to print of some booklets and when I have done them I am going through them and annotating them and writing practice 12 markers. I'm really happy because I went up 5 grades in a short space of time so all I have to do is work hard and keep it up. in my next rs test I am aiming for 22/24.

Physics
hate physics. we literally just did an experiment- we started paper 2 physics last year because we got through paper 1 quite quick. I don't know what it is about it as I can learn the equations easily (I got 42/44 on an equation test) but when it came to year 10 mocks I got a 4 and I was just on the grade boundary. I can't learn physics easily and I already know that I am going to come out of the physics mocks and GCSE exams crying😬 if anyone has any good ways of revising physics specifically that would be much appreciated. in my next physics test (whenever it is I feel like ill ave one in two weeks) I think ill aim for 60%.

Biology
I felt so proud of myself because eveytime I answered a question I was basically getting it right 90% of the time. I really want an 8/9 (at tis rate preferably a 9) but I know I will have to work my *** off super hard. I really enjoy it and I want to do it for a level. in year 10 mocks I was like four marks off a 6 which I still wouldn't be happy with but I guess it gives me hope of some kind? I have biology again tomorrow and I'm going to try keep up me answering as much questions as possible and if I keep getting them right ill be happy. I love where I sit in biology because I am sat between two of my best friends but we always put our heads down in biology and work. I have no clue when my next biology test is but I think I am aiming for 65%-80%. idk if thats too high but ill work. I also got homework for this but I'm doing it after I finish writing this.

English
it was a bit of a drag but today we started learning English language paper 1 which I am kind of excited about because it is creative writing which I love!! we barley do English language tests but last year I got a 5 sooo two grades below what I want to get but I struggle with paper 2 so I am relying on paper 1 to help my grade. in the next English language test I think I am aiming for 70%.

my revision timetable for today is:
spanish
chemistry
art

but instead of art (because I don't want to start it at home as I have my first lesson tomorrow) I changed it to biology (just for today)

and today on my list is:
biology homework
English homework
spanish tenses✅
chemistry topic 6✅
biology topic 5
rs notes✅

my biology homework is 5 questions so ill do them after this, English homework is reading pride and prejudice which ill o before I got to sleep, and then I started re doing my chemistry topic 6 notes (I didn't want my sister to do these), same with biology topic 5. for rs I just made the notes from today and I transferred my Spanish tenses to flashcards.

because today is Thursday we don't have the last two lessons we do something else instead so my day was pretty simple.
when I have had all my lessons I will write a massive post of each my subjects in depth.

until tomorrow, goodbye xox
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (110)
66.27%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
20.48%
Yes but I might change my mind (22)
13.25%

Watched Threads