only recently applied to a uni now feel im screwed ;(

Watch
benww
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i wasnt planning to go to a university because i wasnt confident i was going to pass one of my subjects, so my ucas points wouldnt be high enough but come results day i did, so decided to apply to a couple universities, managed to get offered a place. becuase i had no previous plans to do so i didnnt have any student finance applications setup on gov, i cant complete the proof of identity because my passport is invalid (i dont really go aanywhere for this to be a problem till now) and itll take me 3 weeks to get a new one to provide the passport number. the other option is my birth certificate which i read can take even longer to use as proof than ordering a new paassport. what am i best doing in this situation so i can get my university fee loan sorted ant help is appreciated.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by benww)
i wasnt planning to go to a university because i wasnt confident i was going to pass one of my subjects, so my ucas points wouldnt be high enough but come results day i did, so decided to apply to a couple universities, managed to get offered a place. becuase i had no previous plans to do so i didnnt have any student finance applications setup on gov, i cant complete the proof of identity because my passport is invalid (i dont really go aanywhere for this to be a problem till now) and itll take me 3 weeks to get a new one to provide the passport number. the other option is my birth certificate which i read can take even longer to use as proof than ordering a new paassport. what am i best doing in this situation so i can get my university fee loan sorted ant help is appreciated.
Hi there,

If you able to send your original UK birth certificate along with the identity form found here. This would allow us to process your application quicker than having to wait a further three weeks for your passport to be renewed.

Thanks, Erin
benww
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

If you able to send your original UK birth certificate along with the identity form found here. This would allow us to process your application quicker than having to wait a further three weeks for your passport to be renewed.

Thanks, Erin
thanks for the reply i will probably have to do this then, just curious i wouldnt be able to use my expired one as proof of idnentity would i? that would save a lot of time
Stuart SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by benww)
thanks for the reply i will probably have to do this then, just curious i wouldnt be able to use my expired one as proof of idnentity would i? that would save a lot of time
Hi Ben,

We require valid ID and expired passports aren't valid. ID, whether its passport of birth certificate, currently takes around 5 working days to process.

Regards,
Stuart
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads