The Student Room Group

my way through the mishaps: a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

29092019 - the one in which she doesn't learn from her mistakes

Post Length - Medium

Aargh :rant: for the second time in a row my post has deleted :facepalm:. This weekend was pretty productive :dumbells:, albeit there was a lot of sleeping involved :sleep:

Saturday
Today I woke up at 8 and faffed around for an hour. At 9 I went for my music classes :nopity: :musicus: which ended around 11. On my wake back hope I took a detour and got some nosh :yum:. When I finally got home around 2 I was super tired but I persevered :dumbells:. I completed all of my chemistry homework :woo: as well as my further maths homework, which actually wasn't that bad (hopefully these aren't my famous last words :lol: )

I was going to do some physics homework :nah: but I fell asleep :sleep: :lol:. That was around 6. When I woke up again around 9, I spent the next 5 hours finishing off my application forms and stressing over whether I picked the right A-levels :sigh:. At 2 am :moon: I finally went to bed.

Sunday

Today, I got up at 8 again, suprisingly not very tired. I spent the morning relaxing (Neflix, YouTube, etc.) and around 12 I finally started working. I started off by doing some physics homework and made some progress - the first section of radioactivity. I was going to continue but I fell asleep :dontknow: I'm starting to see a pattern :yep:. When I woke up around 4, I continued with the physics work and now I only have two sections left :woo:. Then I did my ICT homework, which was a practical exam question on databases. I was able to do it in about 30 minutes, even though we have 45 minutes for it :smartass:. That's what I call progress :yep:. Around 8 (between 4 and 8 a lot of procrastination also occurred), I got an email from my French teacher with some practice speaking questions to answer, so that is more work to do :facepalm:. I was going to do that but decided to write this post instead :yes:.

The Rest of The Weekend

Since I was unable to complete all my homework in these last two days, I will be doing that tomorrow:

Engllish Language descriptive essay (30 marks)

French Writing task (20 marks)

French Speaking questions

Biology - Thermoregulation

Biology - Chemical Coordination in Plants

History - Effects of WW1 on Germany

English Literature - homework to do with Macbeth that I can't remember :dontknow:

Hopefully I can finish that all by 4 tomorrow and then I'll spend the rest of the day just relaxing. On Tuesday, I'm going to spend a few hours doing some practice tests for my entrance exam and try and finish all of physical chemistry :crossedf:

Tagzzz

Spoiler

QOTD: What are your favourite TV shows/ movies?
AOTD: Mine are definitely The Rookie, The Good Doctor and Chicago Fire
(edited 4 years ago)
Hard to choose!
Original post by _Mia101

Post Length - Medium

Aargh :rant: for the second time in a row my post has deleted :facepalm:. This weekend was pretty productive :dumbells:, albeit there was a lot of sleeping involved :sleep:

Saturday
Today I woke up at 8 and faffed around for an hour. At 9 I went for my music classes :nopity: :musicus: which ended around 11. On my wake back hope I took a detour and got some nosh :yum:. When I finally got home around 2 I was super tired but I persevered :dumbells:. I completed all of my chemistry homework :woo: as well as my further maths homework, which actually wasn't that bad (hopefully these aren't my famous last words :lol: )

I was going to do some physics homework :nah: but I fell asleep :sleep: :lol:. That was around 6. When I woke up again around 9, I spent the next 5 hours finishing off my application forms and stressing over whether I picked the right A-levels :sigh:. At 2 am :moon: I finally went to bed.

Sunday

Today, I got up at 8 again, suprisingly not very tired. I spent the morning relaxing (Neflix, YouTube, etc.) and around 12 I finally started working. I started off by doing some physics homework and made some progress - the first section of radioactivity. I was going to continue but I fell asleep :dontknow: I'm starting to see a pattern :yep:. When I woke up around 4, I continued with the physics work and now I only have two sections left :woo:. Then I did my ICT homework, which was a practical exam question on databases. I was able to do it in about 30 minutes, even though we have 45 minutes for it :smart ass:. That's what I call progress :yep:. Around 8 (between 4 and 8 a lot of procrastination also occurred), I got an email from my French teacher with some practice speaking questions to answer, so that is more work to do :facepalm:. I was going to do that but decided to write this post instead :yes:.

The Rest of The Weekend

Since I was unable to complete all my homework in these last two days, I will be doing that tomorrow:

English Literature - homework to do with Macbeth that I can't remember :dontknow:

Hopefully I can finish that all by 4 tomorrow and then I'll spend the rest of the day just relaxing. On Tuesday, I'm going to spend a few hours doing some practice tests for my entrance exam and try and finish all of physical chemistry :crossedf:

Tagzzz

Spoiler

I actually love the Good Doctor!!
Original post by _Mia101
GYV BANNER.png

hello homosapiens!
after a year of scrolling read stalking through hundreds of gyg's, i've decided to make my own

so yeah, my aim for this year is to #strivetobehappy *cringe, I know*

why?

Spoiler

the subjects i'm taking

Spoiler

last year's mock grades

Spoiler

grades i want vs. grades i expect

Spoiler

grades i've got

Spoiler

the future

Spoiler

random stuff

Spoiler

official updates

Spoiler

if you are interested in following my gyg and want to be tagged just say so. also, feel free to post your own gyg's i'd love to read them

disclaimer: the aim of this gyg is not to come and boast about my grades (or lack of them *ahem french*), so if i come acrooss like that please tell me

Why aware there so many smart people on TSR? 😩 year 10 and 11 were horrible as well, especially since I got measles before and during GCSEs
Original post by Greywolftwo
Why aware there so many smart people on TSR? 😩 year 10 and 11 were horrible as well, especially since I got measles before and during GCSEs

:lol: :dontknow: I don't know, but I doubt I'm one of them :nah:

:console: Hope you are feeling better now.

Original post by liv.5.riley
I actually love the Good Doctor!!

Yesss :eek4: :woo:
30092019 - the one in which she uses her time wisely

Post Length - Medium
In a bid for history to not repeat itself I am saving this on word every few minutes :lol:

Last Night

In an attempt to be super productive today, I made a timetable last night :yep:

Spoiler

However that was also a form of lowkey procrastination as I didn't end up doing anymore work after last night's post :facepalm:. I went to bed a bit earlier yesterday :woo: around 12:30 am :moon:

The Morning

I woke up at 7 today, no alarm or anything :nah:. I was planning to start my work early but such didn't happen. Unfortunately, I felt sick to my stomach all morning. :sick: I felt a bit better around 10 and finally got to work then. Since my day (on the timetable) started at 9:30 I wasn't too behind. Sticking with the timetable, I completed my radioactivity booklet :woohoo: around 11 (I think). Since I was in the "zone", I decided that I didn't need a break and went straight into biology, which took about 30 minutes.

The Afternoon

Biology was meant to be followed by French. But that required the internet, which meant I got a bit very distracted. I spent about an hour watching youtube videos on the internet :oops: before I finally started writing my answers to the French speaking questions. This took a loooong time and I was only able to do about 3 after like 90 minutes :sigh:. Eventually, I decided to move on, and so I started my English Literature homework (If you look at my timetable, you will notice that I skipped the French writing task and English Language essay, that was because I didn't feel like doing them :dontknow: and they are due later on in the week, not on Wednesday). I had a timer for 45 minutes, which is how long we were meant to use, but I ended up only writing for about 20 minutes because the question was really restricting and I couldn't find much to say.

Spoiler

Then I realised I hadn't eaten any food all day so I decided to make myself a salad :yum:.
Around 6:30 , I was done eating so I went ahead to do the last task on my timetable (apart from the two I skipped) - chemical coordination in plants. This took about 20 minutes

Spoiler

The Rest of The Evening

Since, I still feel quite productive I am going to spend the next hour or so making some biology flashcards on chemical coordination in plants and homeostasis in animals :yep:. And if I'm up for it I'll continue with some physical chemistry, or revise some principles of chemistry :dontknow: I also, plan to do some exercise :dumbells:

Tagzzz

Spoiler

QOTD: What is your favourite season of the year?
AOTD: I like Autumn, the most, despite all the rain, because it is getting cold enough to wear hoodies again, but not so cold that my fingers freeze :lol:

QOTD2: Are the tags working?
(edited 4 years ago)
Well done on being so productive! :clap2: I need to make a revision timetable after these stupid French exams have finished because I can 'accidently' spend 3 hours making one mindmap for English Literature :blushing: :dontknow:

QOTD: Winter because snow is sublime. Also, I can relate to the hoodies but I like wearing a coat on top of them and really cute gloves. Playing with the dog outside in the snow and making snowmen just brings back childhood memories and you can just forget about revision. :redface:

QOTD 2: My tag worked. :yep:

Good luck!
Original post by _Mia101
30092019 - the one in which she uses her time wisely

Post Length - Medium
In a bid for history to not repeat itself I am saving this on word every few minutes :lol:

Last Night

In an attempt to be super productive today, I made a timetable last night :yep:

Spoiler

However that was also a form of lowkey procrastination as I didn't end up doing anymore work after last night's post :facepalm:. I went to bed a bit earlier yesterday :woo: around 12:30 am :moon:

The Morning

I woke up at 7 today, no alarm or anything :nah:. I was planning to start my work early but such didn't happen. Unfortunately, I felt sick to my stomach all morning. :sick: I felt a bit better around 10 and finally got to work then. Since my day (on the timetable) started at 9:30 I wasn't too behind. Sticking with the timetable, I completed my radioactivity booklet :woohoo: around 11 (I think). Since I was in the "zone", I decided that I didn't need a break and went straight into biology, which took about 30 minutes.

The Afternoon

Biology was meant to be followed by French. But that required the internet, which meant I got a bit very distracted. I spent about an hour watching youtube videos on the internet :oops: before I finally started writing my answers to the French speaking questions. This took a loooong time and I was only able to do about 3 after like 90 minutes :sigh:. Eventually, I decided to move on, and so I started my English Literature homework (If you look at my timetable, you will notice that I skipped the French writing task and English Language essay, that was because I didn't feel like doing them :dontknow: and they are due later on in the week, not on Wednesday). I had a timer for 45 minutes, which is how long we were meant to use, but I ended up only writing for about 20 minutes because the question was really restricting and I couldn't find much to say.

Spoiler

Then I realised I hadn't eaten any food all day so I decided to make myself a salad :yum:.
Around 6:30 , I was done eating so I went ahead to do the last task on my timetable (apart from the two I skipped) - chemical coordination in plants. This took about 20 minutes

Spoiler

The Rest of The Evening

Since, I still feel quite productive I am going to spend the next hour or so making some biology flashcards on chemical coordination in plants and homeostasis in animals :yep:. And if I'm up for it I'll continue with some physical chemistry, or revise some principles of chemistry :dontknow: I also, plan to do some exercise :dumbells:

Tagzzz

Spoiler

QOTD: What is your favourite season of the year?
AOTD: I like Autumn, the most, despite all the rain, because it is getting cold enough to wear hoodies again, but not so cold that my fingers freeze :lol:

QOTD2: Are the tags working
I don't have any favourite subject in particular:no:

My tag worked :biggrin:
AOTD: Idk I like them all lol but not when they're too extreme (like extreme heat or snow can be really annoying lol)

AOTD2: Yeah mine worked
Original post by Roses + Dreams
Well done on being so productive! :clap2: I need to make a revision timetable after these stupid French exams have finished because I can 'accidently' spend 3 hours making one mindmap for English Literature :blushing: :dontknow:

QOTD: Winter because snow is sublime. Also, I can relate to the hoodies but I like wearing a coat on top of them and really cute gloves. Playing with the dog outside in the snow and making snowmen just brings back childhood memories and you can just forget about revision. :redface:

QOTD 2: My tag worked. :yep:

Good luck!

Thanks :hugs:. English Literature revision takes sooo long :sigh:.

The snow is nice and I do look the cold, buuuut even a hundred gloves can't stop my hands from freezing so :nah: I prefer autumn :yep:
If you haven't noticed my hands get very cold very quickly :lol:

That's good :yep:
Thanks xx :cube:

Original post by Obolinda
I don't have any favourite subject in particular:no:

My tag worked :biggrin:

How come?
Okay :yep:

Original post by RyanC_
AOTD: Idk I like them all lol but not when they're too extreme (like extreme heat or snow can be really annoying lol)

AOTD2: Yeah mine worked

Yeah, the heat waves are no joke :no:
Okay :smile:
Original post by _Mia101
Thanks :hugs:. English Literature revision takes sooo long :sigh:.

The snow is nice and I do look the cold, buuuut even a hundred gloves can't stop my hands from freezing so :nah: I prefer autumn :yep:
If you haven't noticed my hands get very cold very quickly :lol:

That's good :yep:
Thanks xx :cube:

How come?
Okay :yep:

Yeah, the heat waves are no joke :no:
Okay :smile:

I meant season :redface:
Original post by _Mia101

Post Length - Medium

Saturday

Sunday

Today, I got up at 8 again, suprisingly not very tired. I spent the morning relaxing (Neflix, YouTube, etc.) and around 12 I finally started working. I started off by doing some physics homework and made some progress - the first section of radioactivity. I was going to continue but I fell asleep :dontknow: I'm starting to see a pattern :yep:. When I woke up around 4, I continued with the physics work and now I only have two sections left :woo:. Then I did my ICT homework, which was a practical exam question on databases. I was able to do it in about 30 minutes, even though we have 45 minutes for it :smart ass:. That's what I call progress :yep:. Around 8 (between 4 and 8 a lot of procrastination also occurred), I got an email from my French teacher with some practice speaking questions to answer, so that is more work to do :facepalm:. I was going to do that but decided to write this post instead :yes:.

The Rest of The Weekend

Tagzzz

Spoiler

Dangggg I respect your work ethic and right now, I'm deffo enjoying The Good Place, such a good show
P.S. Can I be tagged for future posts?
Original post by Meiven_
Dangggg I respect your work ethic and right now, I'm deffo enjoying The Good Place, such a good show

You have really bad sleeping patterns/ habits
Original post by Meiven_

Thank you :hugs: I've heard so much about it, I might watch it some time in the future :yep:
Of course :yes:

Original post by Greywolftwo
You have really bad sleeping patterns/ habits

I know :sigh: I'm working on it.
I won't be posting till friday :no: as I'm trying to catch up on sleep and homework

Hope you all have a good week :yep:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by _Mia101
I won't be posting till friday :no: as I'm trying to catch up on sleep and homework

i hope you are well!! i hope you get well rested nights x
Original post by _Mia101

:hugs:
Original post by shady1402
i hope you are well!! i hope you get well rested nights x

Thanks!

Original post by Obolinda
:hugs:

:jumphug:
05102019 - the one in which she finally posts

Post Length - Long
So, it's been a while :yep:. This week has been sooo exhausting, but I'm feeling better now.

Monday Night

After my post on Monday, I made some biology flashcards on coordination and homeostasis. Although, I didn't get any chemistry done :nah:

Spoiler

Tuesday

I woke up at 9 today and decided to disregard my table, it turned out to be both a good thing and a bad thing as I did more work than I planned, but not my homework :oops: I started of finishing off my flashcards until around 11 and then had breakfast. Afterwards I did some chemistry, which consisted of finishing my school notes and making some flashcards. This took a long time :yep:. After that I think I continued working (can't remember what :nah:). I had dinner around 8:30 :yum: - it was very good :yep:. Then did some more work and read my book (The Alchemist) until 10:30 when I went to bed.

Wednesday

back to school :cry:. It actually wasn't that bad. My classes were pretty empty :yep:. In the morning, was assembly and I got a new tie (cos I'm head girl) which was cool. The first class of the day was chemistry and it was a practical lesson so we did the energetics practical (the one where you measure enthalpy change in combustion, displacement, neutralisation and dissolving reactions) - that was fun. I had physics next :yawn:, which was about half lives - we've been doing this for like a week :sigh:. I had further maths and we had a test, it wasn't too bad and I only skipped one question. During fourth period, some people came to school to present about equality and stuff through a play, which was really cool :yep:. Then after lunch I had english literature where we analysed Lady Macbeth's soliloquoy in Act 1 Scene 5. Last period was ict where my teacher spent the whole class, complaining about how unserious we were and how far we have to go, so we didn't do anything :facepalm:.

After School
I chilled till 6 and then made some chemistry flashcards on rates of reactions. I was going to exercise, but didn't :nah:. I also didn't do the homework due on Thursday :oops:. And I went to bed at 11:15 :sigh:

Thursday

I woke up at 10 past 6 today and got to school on time :yep:. In form, we had the person who advises you on your future (I've forgotten what they're called :giggle:) talk to us about our plans for sixth form and stuff :blah:. First class of the day was french, which was one of many classes I didn't do my homework :facepalm:. Thankfully, I got till next work to do it and no detention :woo:. In maths class, I did my history homework which was due later in the day. Third period was physics :cry2: where we learnt about nuclear fission and fusion independently under the guise of "flip teaching" :lol:. My next class was english language where I also didn't do my homework :no:, but fortunately and unfortunately my teacher wasn't in. It was good as it meant I didn't get in trouble but the class went horribly since we had a sub. Firstly, no one was listening and then we got a descriptive writing task which I'm horrible at. I mean, I can right a good paragraph or two but not a whole 30 mark essay, at least not without turning it into a story :sigh: My fifth lesson was biology, which I'm starting to like again :woo:. There were only two people in class today, so I continued what I was doing at home and also learnt about kidney dialysis which my teacher said I should know, even though it isn't in the spec :dontknow:. Last class of the day was history and I was the only one :lol:. I learnt about the strengths and weaknesses of Weimar Germany, which was really interesting. History, is way better this year :yep: and after my sixth form exams at the end of the month I'm going to spend more time on it, especially as we had a full mock on all the units in December :afraid:. After school, I had the microsoft training thing and I got like 5 other people to come with me so I wasn't alone :woo:. It actually wasn't that bad and was quite easy, however there were two ICT teachers in the ICT room and one (my ICT teacher) didn't know what he was doing :sigh: but the other who doesn't teach me was like really good, so I am going to ask him (the other teacher) for help.

After School
I got home quite late because of the microsoft thing, but I did some biology flashcards on food and digestion. Since I had no homework due on Friday, I went to bed quite early, some time before 10.

Friday

My first class was english literature and my teacher was still not in school, so we had another sub. The class was so boring. We spent the hour reading Act 2 Scene 1 :facepalm:. Second period was chemistry and I did some worksheets on energetics. Third was further maths and we continued with the theory of quadratic functions. It was essentially a class of proving all the various formulas of the roots of a quadratic function (Alpha and Beta). That was my last class of the day and I didn't get any homework :woo:. Next, I had pshe where we talked about how to deal with stress and finally I had games. I was going to swim but then I left my stuff at home :cry2: so I had to play football :yucky:.

After School
When I got home, I finished off my biology flashcards on food and digestion and relaxed for the rest of the evening. I also applied to another sixth form :yep:.

Tagzzz

Spoiler

Glad you're feeling better :smile:

Your bio notes look nice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending