The Student Room Group

my way through the mishaps: a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Gosh, you seem to have a lot of homework :console:
aotp: I have to listen to music when I revise :colondollar: I used to listen to classical but it's very... idk.. it just makes my imagination go wild, so I'll be daydreaming instead of working :tongue: I have to listen to something kinda boppy or something with lyrics :yes:
Original post by Roses + Dreams
I know this is a bit late, but my French teacher usually says the bottom part of your post. Either that or he punches the air and says 'Finally!'. Some teachers are just:dunce:

honestly, sometimes i wonder why did they become teachers if they want us to be wrong.

I've got a bunch of English Literature homework which is just great really. Ummmm surprise 4 French exams, rude Maths teacher and crazy form tutor pretty much summarises my week.

Year 11 has sooo much homework :sigh:

I listen to music when I study! Mainly French because it's catchy and the lyrics are educational or whatever :s-smilie:. When I'm really concentrating then no.

I listen to French music too :yep:, but only when I'm doing french work. If not I'll listen to lofi hip hop (which is like some jazzy background noise)
Reply 82
I listen to music while revising, but I try to listen to OST instrumentals (I tried piano instrumentals, but I just sang along to those).
Tag me as well please! Xx
Original post by Astaera
I listen to music while revising, but I try to listen to OST instrumentals (I tried piano instrumentals, but I just sang along to those).
Tag me as well please! Xx

Will do. :hugs:
Tag me please as well. How much revision do you do a day by the way?
Original post by _Mia101
Will do. :hugs:
Tag me please! :smile:
Original post by Rolo1234
Tag me please as well. How much revision do you do a day by the way?

I will. :yep:
It depends on the day. Right now I don't do much revision though, but in year 10 before mocks I did about 2-3 hours a day from 2 weeks before my (real) maths GCSE till my final mock.
Anyways, to answer your question right now excluding homework I;m averaging an hour a day. But that'll increase from about two weeks before my first sixth form exams.

Spoiler

Original post by Ineedtostudy4002
Tag me please! :smile:

Okay. :smile:
Can't listen to music whilst revising, just doesn't work aha, and no you don't seem formal, I feel entirely the same when I write mine :wink:
Original post by _Mia101
I will. :yep:
It depends on the day. Right now I don't do much revision though, but in year 10 before mocks I did about 2-3 hours a day from 2 weeks before my (real) maths GCSE till my final mock.
Anyways, to answer your question right now excluding homework I;m averaging an hour a day. But that'll increase from about two weeks before my first sixth form exams.

Spoiler

Okay. :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what revision sources are you making??
15092019 - the one in which she was very unproductive

Post Length - Short

Good evening!! :hello:

This weekend consisted of me writing lists of things I was going to do and not doing them :lol:

Saturday

I can barely even remember what I did yesterday :dontknow:.
Oh yeah, so I spent 3 hours of the day making a database for ICT which was fun :nah:. That was it. :facepalm:

This was what I planned to

Spoiler

Sunday

So today was better than yesterday. And I actually got stuff done :dumbells:

I had to copy out all of my RS notes from class because I left my book in my locker and my teacher said I couldn't get it :sigh:
Then I did my English homework which looks terrible :dry:

Spoiler

I didn't get my physics project done because I'm procrastinating and I'll probably end up doing at like 1 am on Tuesday morning :dontknow:

Buuut, I did answer some practice questions on radioactivity :yep:

Then I went out (for the first time this weekend :colondollar:) .

Tagzzz

Spoiler

Question of the Post - What's your favourite subject (a bit dry but hey :dontknow:)

I need some help

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by _Mia101
15092019 - the one in which she was very unproductive

Post Length - Short

Good evening!! :hello:

This weekend consisted of me writing lists of things I was going to do and not doing them :lol:

Saturday

I can barely even remember what I did yesterday :dontknow:.
Oh yeah, so I spent 3 hours of the day making a database for ICT which was fun :nah:. That was it. :facepalm:

This was what I planned to

Spoiler

Sunday

So today was better than yesterday. And I actually got stuff done :dumbells:

I had to copy out all of my RS notes from class because I left my book in my locker and my teacher said I couldn't get it :sigh:
Then I did my English homework which looks terrible :dry:

Spoiler

I didn't get my physics project done because I'm procrastinating and I'll probably end up doing at like 1 am on Tuesday morning :dontknow:

Buuut, I did answer some practice questions on radioactivity :yep:

Then I went out (for the first time this weekend :colondollar:) .

Tagzzz

Spoiler

Question of the Post - What's your favourite subject (a bit dry but hey :dontknow:)

I need some help

Spoiler

QOTP: My favourite subject is le français. :france:

As for your dilemma, take some time to think over it. It has to be a subject that you enjoy, are sure you will be passionate about and if you already study it, get good grades in. :yep: Do what will help you in the future.

Good luck!
Original post by Rolo1234
If you don't mind me asking, what revision sources are you making??

It depends on the subject.

Spoiler

QOTP: My favourite subject is le français. :france:

As for your dilemma, take some time to think over it. It has to be a subject that you enjoy, are sure you will be passionate about and if you already study it, get good grades in. :yep: Do what will help you in the future.

Good luck!

I used to love French, but after last year, not so much :nah:. It's a lovely language though.

Thanks!! :cube:
My only issue is that I like all of them :facepalm:, just to varying extents. I also don't want to limit my options for university which is another issue.
don’t worry i’ve been procrastinating a lot too :laugh:
you don’t need to be working too hard just yet though ahh
Original post by clouddbubbles
don’t worry i’ve been procrastinating a lot too :laugh:
you don’t need to be working too hard just yet though ahh

i think it's lowkey pandemic (procrastinating) :lol:
i'm just so scared i'm going to flop my entrance exams :sadnod:
Original post by _Mia101
i think it's lowkey pandemic (procrastinating) :lol:
i'm just so scared i'm going to flop my entrance exams :sadnod:

oop yeah i suppose that is an issue!!
the boarding school i was going to go to got us to do an entrance exam on the induction day (even though we'd basically got in on the merit of paying and our beefy predicted grades) which i totally flopped so that was kinda a reason i went against it in the end :P
My favourite subject(s) are Science, RS and geography
My favourite subjects are probably maths, biology and chemistry:smile:
Hi can you tag me !! X
My favourite subjects are: art and biology xox
Original post by _Mia101
14092019 - the one in which she completes her first week

Post length - Medium

The second half of this weeks was alright, but I had so much homework to do and I still haven't finished all the application stuff for sixth form. I might be going to see some of them later on, I'm pretty sure there are some open days soon. Anywho, I've really got to get to work because most of them have some sort of exam and they expect you to know most of the gcse syllabus but my school is sooo behind so I've got work to do :dumbells:

Wednesday

So today was school as usual, but of course something had to go wrong :sadnod:. For the most part classes were alright. I started my day with a chemistry test which went okay (although I made so many daft mistakes).
In history, my test was postponed because my friend distracted the teacher :woo:.
Today I had English Literature twice (this year's timetable is a bit odd). In the first class we had no teacher so we messed about and in the second class we learnt about the historical context of Macbeth.
In French, we learnt about paper 3: speaking and what we have to do to do well in it and all that :blah:. Then I got some homework :sadnod:.
Today, I got home at 5 :angry:. Why you may ask? Well some people decided it'd be a good idea to lock the zippers of my bags in their locker. I had to wait till 4:45 to get the keys to the lockers (yes there was more than one) :rant:. I didn't do much revising today, because I got home so late but I did my homework and some French verb practice.

Thursday

I got to school pretty early today, I'm so proud of my self :yep: just waiting for the time when I start getting to school at 8. I had ICT first and we were told that we've got so much to do and so little time and we need to get lots of homework to catch up :lol:. I swear most teachers in my school seems to forget that we do other subjects. Thank goodness for homework timetables :yes:

Spoiler

I got a ton of homework though, including a physics project to build a model demonstrating the penetrating powers of different types of radiation :confused:.
I was also told that year 10 further maths was essentially pointless and we were starting all over again :facepalm:.
In French we marked the homework, turned out that I was the only one who did it :sigh: and then got some more homework.
When I got home, I did my further maths homework which took almost 2 hours

Friday

Today, was pretty chill. I had pretty much the same classes as yesterday so it was essentially a continuation. We had a timed writing essay in RS which I finished :woo: and in PE we had a baseline test that lasted two hours :confused:. Keep in mind during the year PE is essentially Games and we just play football or hockey or cricket or something.
I was also put back in the swimming squad, football team and basketball team (last year I dropped all sports because I was so busy). So we'll see how that goes :dontknow:
After school, I decided that I didn't want to fail French so I studied an entire chapter of the textbook (School) and then did my homework. I also looked at the French examiner's report and realised they are actually quite chill with how many mistakes you make. Also today I got a desk extension, so I spent the rest of the evening reorganising my room.

TL; DR - The last three days consisted of me getting a load of French homework and a project that'll probably turn out very bad. And also getting my bags stuck in some lockers.

How are you guys doing?

Tagzzz

Spoiler

Question of The Post (QOTP) - Do you listen to music when you're studying?

P.S. If anyone has any ideas on how to build a model showing the penetrating and ionising powers of alpha, beta and gamma radiation please tell me :please:

I feel like I come across as so formal in these posts, is it just me???

I didn't get a tag.
But I'm still reading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending