The Student Room Group

my way through the mishaps: a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obolinda
Love the project :gah:
AOTD: not to my knowledge :nah:

Original post by _Mia101
That can be so annoying :angry:. Especially, when you feel so prepared. Hopefully it'll actually happen this time :crossed:

I'm good thanks :yep:. Just trying to balance all my homework, with applying to sixth forms, finishing my chemistry and biology syllabus for sixth form exams and trying to understand what in the world is happening with Parliament and Brexit, but that's a lost cause (for my economics entrance exam :lol: ).

Thanks, and hopefully it will happen this time (4th time lucky? :crazy:).

Awwww poor you, you sound so busy. :console: Both Parliament and Brexit are a lost cause :rip: , we've all lost hope at this point (if it's for an exam then that's OK :borat:).
Original post by _Mia101
24092019 - the one in which she has pretty normal days

Post length - short

I finally finished my physics project at 1 am this morning :dumbells: And it looks pretty good :yep:

Spoiler

Anyways today and yesterday where pretty chill.

Monday

Went back to school and had maths first thing in the morning. I don't do maths anymore :ahee: so I spent the hour doing biology. English language was next and I won a highlighter :lol: for having the best description. Then we had biology, which was an induction test, hopefully it'll be better than history was:crossedf:. Further maths was really fun. We proved the quadratic formula and went over some harder questions on completing the square. Then we had history and we discussed the differences between the German Constitution in 1914 and 1919... I think. In french I got my baseline back. I got 19/20 :woo: despite using a number of spanish words in my work :lol:.

Spoiler

After School: The next few hours were spent doing my physics project(s) and other homework :dry:. I also decided somewhere between midnight and 1 am that I will try and get at least 7 hours of sleep every night :closedeyes:

Tuesday

I was horrendously late today. Unsurprising really, considering I woke up at 7 (school starts at 7:30). First thing in the morning was assembly it was about acceptance and tolerance. I missed most of it, but I lowkey feel it was about that thing that that teacher who shall not be named did :flute:. My first class was chemistry and we spent the class learning about bond energies and solving savemyexams questions on energetics. We also spent a bit of time talking about sixth forms because why not :dontknow: (it's not like we have exams to pass in 9 months or anything :nah: ). After chemistry I had RS which was another test to see what we'd forgotten. Then I had maths, which was actually just bants. Half the class didn't know where our lesson was and came like twenty minutes late, the outcome was hilarious. I had biology next and I did some worksheets on excretion as I'd already finished the topic. Then I had English Literature and we read and analysed Act 1 Scene 3 of Macbeth... I was one of the witches :grin:. I also had Debate where we debated on whether what Greta Thunberg (climate strikes etc.) is doing is worthwhile. My last class was Physics which was empty because so many people weren't in class (probably because they didn't do their projects :erm:. Anyway, we just learnt about the uses of radioactivity.

After School: So far I haven't gotten anything done, but I just remembered that I have history homework so I'll go and do that now :crazy:

Tagzzz

Spoiler

QOTD: Do you have any words that are unique to your school (like slang)?
AOTD: Too many. I don't even know if its actually slang or like other people around know what it means.

Oh I wish my Maths Lessons were frees, it would be so useful to have that time for studying aha.

I don't think my school actually does :confused:
that model looks amazing! :gah: and i do love the quadratic formula proof :love:
i must have forgotten to ask, but could i be tagged please?
Original post by Roses + Dreams
Thanks, and hopefully it will happen this time (4th time lucky? :crazy:).

Awwww poor you, you sound so busy. :console: Both Parliament and Brexit are a lost cause :rip: , we've all lost hope at this point (if it's for an exam then that's OK :borat:).

hopefully :crossedf:

Yeah :sadnod: It is for an exam although I find the whole situation quite interesting (daft but fascinating)

Original post by Matthew2422
Oh I wish my Maths Lessons were frees, it would be so useful to have that time for studying aha.

I don't think my school actually does :confused:

My math lessons are only frees because I've already done the exam, but yeah it is quite useful for studying :yep:, even if my classmates are always distracting me.

My schools odd, maybe it is only us :dontknow:

Original post by nyxnko_
that model looks amazing! :gah: and i do love the quadratic formula proof :love:
i must have forgotten to ask, but could i be tagged please?

Thanks :heart: I doubt my proof is anything in comparison to what you've done :lol:

Of course :vroam:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by _Mia101
Thanks :heart: I doubt my proof is anything in comparison to what you've done :lol:

Of course :vroam:

:giggle: I've done a few more but that proof was one of the very first ones I learnt so it's special to me (lmao, I sound like such a nerd :colondollar:)
:yay:
25092019 - the one where she posts two day in a row

I've decided to try and post every day (but don't quote me on that :nah:)

The School Day

I only just got in on time as I spent the morning doing the history homework I said I'd do last night :oops: There was an assembly this morning but I can't really remember what happened :dontknow:. Oh yeah, we were picking our year reps. I was a judge :grin: (I can't believe I forgot :facepalm:)

My first class was chemistry (again) today I did a load of sheets on energetics and bond energies. My friend and I are way ahead of the rest of the class (my school doesn't do sets) so we mainly work by ourselves in this class. We marked it and I only missed one question :woo:

It was followed by the first hour of English Literature for the day. We talked about Macbeth's ambition and how the witches linked to it :blah:. It was okay but a bit boring because we spent half the class reading Act 1 Scene 3 (which I've already read).

Then I had French :sigh:. It seems that despite having a better teacher my class doesn't care. A bunch of people joined French from Spanish (don't ask me why) and they are making so much noise :angry:. Anyways, we discussed school uniform and talked more about the photo card part of the speaking. I didn't have my book but I didn't get in trouble either so that's good :yes:

Afterwards was my second hour of English Literature. This class was a lowkey waste of time imo. The first fifteen minutes we had no teacher. Then we got some sheet on Women in the Elizabethan times (which was useful to be fair). But then we spent the rest of the class reading and analysing Act 1 Scene 5 and 6. Maybe it is just me but why can't that be done at home? :colonhash:

My last class was history, and I presented my homework. It got a 9/10 :yep:. During this class I decided that I am going to take history more seriously and not leave my history homework till the last minute. Hopefully I can meet my target and get an 8 or 9 :dumbells:. Although, for that to work I might need to find my books. I think I've lost them. :getmecoat:

There was also a house event today, but for anonymity I'd rather not say what. Anyways, it is safe to say my house probably came last :lol:, maybe third if we are lucky.

After School

So far I haven't done anything done yet. But I will. I am going to do some chemistry work and maybe start analysing Act 2 of Macbeth.

Tagzzz

Spoiler

QOTD: Do you think that reading the plays and books you are studying should be done in class or at home?
AOTD : Definitely at home, I think there are more productive things that can be done in class.

QOTD2: How do you copy tags from another post without losing the @ sign and having to retype them
sounds like a good day! :woo:
aotd: it's definitely something that can be done at home (although i do think it's nice to read in class :tongue:) and unless there's a particular scene that needs to be analysed when it's read or smth like that, then it's probably best done at home :yes:
aotd2: when you're editing your posts, you'll see a symbol </> that converts your post into BBCode. usually, just scroll to the bit where you can see the text that looks something like... [noparse]@nyxnko_[/noparse]
(lmao, used mine as an example) copy that and paste it into your new post. hope that helps :smile:
QOTD: both. reading at school means ongoing class discussing while reading the text. It would have been really hard for me by myself. we don't have to read the WHOLE thing at school. revision at home.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by _Mia101
QOTD2: How do you copy tags from another post without losing the @ sign and having to retype them

So you have to lose the @ sign I think, so the easiest way to do it is to paste the names then put the @ before each name go to the end of that name and select that name.

Spoiler

Original post by nyxnko_
aotd2: when you're editing your posts, you'll see a symbol </> that converts your post into BBCode. usually, just scroll to the bit where you can see the text that looks something like...
[noparse]@nyxnko_[/noparse]
(lmao, used mine as an example) copy that and paste it into your new post. hope that helps :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: (IK im not the OP but I had the same issue lol)
Original post by _Mia101
QOTD: Do you think that reading the plays and books you are studying should be done in class or at home?

I think both, just so you get explanations from the teacher on bits that make no sense (e.g. the stupidly confusing words in Macbeth) but it is good to keep reading them at home to refresh your memory - something I should be doing! :lol:
Original post by RyanC_
Thanks :biggrin: (IK im not the OP but I had the same issue lol)

No worries :smile: I would suggest you keep it in word doc/note somewhere else, it's easier to keep track of imo
Original post by nyxnko_
sounds like a good day! :woo:
aotd: it's definitely something that can be done at home (although i do think it's nice to read in class :tongue:) and unless there's a particular scene that needs to be analysed when it's read or smth like that, then it's probably best done at home :yes:
aotd2: when you're editing your posts, you'll see a symbol </> that converts your post into BBCode. usually, just scroll to the bit where you can see the text that looks something like...
[noparse]@nyxnko_[/noparse]

Yeah, today was nice :yep:

I think the problem (at least in my class) is that most people don't even pay attention when we are reading, so what is the point :dontknow:

Spoiler

Original post by Obolinda
QOTD: both. reading at school means ongoing class discussing while reading the text. It would have been really hard for me by myself. we don't have to read the WHOLE thing at school. revision at home.

I guess that is fair, assuming everyone participates in said discussion.
Original post by _Mia101
Yeah, today was nice :yep:

I think the problem (at least in my class) is that most people don't even pay attention when we are reading, so what is the point :dontknow:

Spoiler

Oh :frown: Then, there really isn't a point in reading the texts in class :no:
No worries :redface: I got both the quote and the mention :lol: so it does :yes:
Original post by RyanC_
I think both, just so you get explanations from the teacher on bits that make no sense (e.g. the stupidly confusing words in Macbeth) but it is good to keep reading them at home to refresh your memory - something I should be doing! :lol:

That's true. Re - reading at home is definitely an issue, especially when the book is so boring (I haven't read An Inspector Calls since January :getmecoat: although we didn't read it in class in the first place)
school starts at 7.30?!! mine starts at 8.40 and lessons start at 9.10 wthh woah

and ah proving the quadratic formula, I only just understood it at the beginning of y12 lmao
woo!! tag me, please :excited:
also, my GYG is here if anybody's interested: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6113844&p=85029542#post85029542
GL class of 2020 :lovedup:
Original post by mez_merising
school starts at 7.30?!! mine starts at 8.40 and lessons start at 9.10 wthh woah

and ah proving the quadratic formula, I only just understood it at the beginning of y12 lmao

yep :sadnod: Lessons start at 8 though. We finish between 3 and 4 depending on the day :dontknow: but I think it is because we have longer classes than most schools (1 hour)

We did it a further maths class so maybe that's why :yep:

Original post by liv.5.riley
woo!! tag me, please :excited:
also, my GYG is here if anybody's interested: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6113844&p=85029542#post85029542
GL class of 2020 :lovedup:

Okay :yes:
I'll check it out :smile:

Of course xx :heart:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending