crs2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Whats the university like? Whats the students life like? I am thinking of applying for Marine Biology there, and just wanted to know peoples thoughts on the university. Also, is the uni accredited?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
I study computer science (3rd year) and I love it. The uni itself is alright - not as pretty buildings as Edinburgh but there is tonnes of wildlife and the loch is very nice on a sunny day. A lot of my lecturers are great and always willing to help but you do get the odd one that doesn't reply to your email. Student life is great as there are a few good clubs in Edinburgh and it just takes 30/40 minutes on the bus into the centre - we mainly had flat parties in halls. It's cool to be a science uni but if you're into any of the arts then the societies aren't fab for that. If you're into sports, however, the Oriam is amazing and there are tonnes of people that are really serious about their sports society (sometimes too serious).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Edinburgh Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 8 Nov '19

What's your favourite genre?