Elishaa02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My total UCAT score was 2580. And I got band 3. I wanted to know which Medical schools I should consider applying to since my score it very low.
I was thinking about taking a gap year and reapplying too. Would it be worth it?
UrbanIncentive
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a look online at how universities score/look at the UCAT. From first glance, I would advise against King's College London, Bristol, Newcastle as they are very demanding/competitive when it comes to the UCAT.
F1409
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had a lower score than you and applied to Cardiff and Leicester and received interviews for both and offer from Leicester. So don’t worry, your score is perfectly fine, just research which medical schools don’t look at ucat too much, best of luck!
UrbanIncentive
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, forgot to mention look at this pdf I've attached at how Universities look at the UCAT for 2019 entry - published by the UCAT consortium.
Attached files
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elishaa02)
My total UCAT score was 2580. And I got band 3. I wanted to know which Medical schools I should consider applying to since my score it very low.
I was thinking about taking a gap year and reapplying too. Would it be worth it?
Post on the magathread and include all your stats and people will try to help
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622970
iwannabefree
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by F1409)
I had a lower score than you and applied to Cardiff and Leicester and received interviews for both and offer from Leicester. So don’t worry, your score is perfectly fine, just research which medical schools don’t look at ucat too much, best of luck!
Could I ask what GCSEs and A-level you applied with please? I have UCAT of 2550, GCSEs of 1x9, 4x8, 4x7, 1x5, and predicted 3A's (chem, bio and philosophy).... trying to work which med schools to apply for...
F1409
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iwannabefree)
Could I ask what GCSEs and A-level you applied with please? I have UCAT of 2550, GCSEs of 1x9, 4x8, 4x7, 1x5, and predicted 3A's (chem, bio and philosophy).... trying to work which med schools to apply for...
Sorry for the late reply, I had 8 A*s and 2A for gcse and predicted A levels 3As (chem, bio, maths) and my UKCAT score was very bad... 2310
Last edited by F1409; 1 month ago
Nansi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elishaa02)
I would always say look into what medical schools consider the UCAT and how they rank. Don't not apply because of it as you have nothing to lose from applying.
Nansi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Medic portal have some great advice on how medical schools use the ucat! https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/ukcat/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads