The Student Room Group

Residency Evidence

I believe might last post didn't go through because I got the label wrong.

Hi there,

I was just wondering what my options are when providing residency evidence? There may have been a misunderstanding in regards to what I need to provide. I believe that I have to provide evidence that I lived on the addresses I stated I lived on, going 5 years back. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm having a hard time doing this because I never had a job, I don't have a bank account, and I don't pay any bills, so the letters I have that prove my addresses are very limited. I have also moved quite frequently, and on some of the addresses I only lived for a few months, so that complicates things, and makes me have to send even more evidence.

I managed to get roughly all the evidence needed, but after calling SFE, they still told me there are 'gaps.' Didn't tell me which gaps, only that I would be better off sending everything again. I sent new evidence numerous time, waiting for SFE to process the evidence, then calling back to receive the same answer; I should just send everything that covers the 5 years again.

University is almost starting, and there are still problems with the residency evidence. One time when I called, one of the advisers told me that I should phone HMRC, and ask for an employment history. He said the name is misleading, and it's not only about employment. I tried doing that today, but I think the adviser at SFE was wrong about this employment history thing, because the form I have to fill out is only about previous jobs.
What are my options in this situation? Is there a way to get proof of all my addresses going 5 years back? Is it enough to provide one letter for each address, to prove that I lived there?
Original post by NightOwl56
I believe might last post didn't go through because I got the label wrong.

Hi there,

I was just wondering what my options are when providing residency evidence? There may have been a misunderstanding in regards to what I need to provide. I believe that I have to provide evidence that I lived on the addresses I stated I lived on, going 5 years back. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm having a hard time doing this because I never had a job, I don't have a bank account, and I don't pay any bills, so the letters I have that prove my addresses are very limited. I have also moved quite frequently, and on some of the addresses I only lived for a few months, so that complicates things, and makes me have to send even more evidence.

I managed to get roughly all the evidence needed, but after calling SFE, they still told me there are 'gaps.' Didn't tell me which gaps, only that I would be better off sending everything again. I sent new evidence numerous time, waiting for SFE to process the evidence, then calling back to receive the same answer; I should just send everything that covers the 5 years again.

University is almost starting, and there are still problems with the residency evidence. One time when I called, one of the advisers told me that I should phone HMRC, and ask for an employment history. He said the name is misleading, and it's not only about employment. I tried doing that today, but I think the adviser at SFE was wrong about this employment history thing, because the form I have to fill out is only about previous jobs.
What are my options in this situation? Is there a way to get proof of all my addresses going 5 years back? Is it enough to provide one letter for each address, to prove that I lived there?

Hi there,

If you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter we should be able to give you the dates that evidence is required for. Did you attend school or college within the last 5 years.

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

If you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter we should be able to give you the dates that evidence is required for. Did you attend school or college within the last 5 years.

Thanks, Erin

Yes, I attended college for the most of the last 5 years. Although I did have a gap year.
Original post by NightOwl56
Yes, I attended college for the most of the last 5 years. Although I did have a gap year.

Hi there,

If you can get a letter on headed paper confirming your dates of attendance and your address they held for you this can be accepted as evidence.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending