The Student Room Group

AQA Spanish (A Level)

Hi, I am due to start doing A level Spanish in a week and I was wondering what exactly I need to know or prepare myself for?
I would also like to know:
-Great revision tips for the course
- How to learn vocab
-How to increase my skills and be able to talk about the hard hitting issues that we have to discuss
-How to analyse and properly make notes/discuss the play/book we need to study

Please leave any tips/advice that helped you during this course. thank you!
Reply 1
Hey! I’m a bout to do Spanish A level aswell, and being spanish myself I will recommend you to watch films! That will increase a lot your vocabulary, start with subtitles tho.

You can also try to read easy books, even tho if there are children books.
If you have friends doing the same subject, try to have mini conversations with them maybe(? Or practice by yourself at home on your oral skills that will help you.
It might sound crazy but you can talk alone or in front of the mirror trying to simulate an interview or something, it can increase your confidence somehow.

Doulingo is a good app if you know how to use it for vocabulary and languages.

Music is also useful, you can pick up some vocabulary (b careful tho loool sometimes songs don’t have the best words)

You can search youtubers that make videos about topics that you like and maybe start watching them.

Revise a bit every week, read articles in Spanish on internet or maybe the news so you can see different wrtting skills.

Well, I think this is all I can say, if you need more help here I am.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Fatu B
Hey! I’m a bout to do Spanish A level aswell, and being spanish myself I will recommend you to watch films! That will increase a lot your vocabulary, start with subtitles tho.

You can also try to read easy books, even tho if there are children books.
If you have friends doing the same subject, try to have mini conversations with them maybe(? Or practice by yourself at home on your oral skills that will help you.
It might sound crazy but you can talk alone or in front of the mirror trying to simulate an interview or something, it can increase your confidence somehow.

Doulingo is a good app if you know how to use it for vocabulary and languages.

Music is also useful, you can pick up some vocabulary (b careful tho loool sometimes songs don’t have the best words)

You can search youtubers that make videos about topics that you like and maybe start watching them.

Revise a bit every week, read articles in Spanish on internet or maybe the news so you can see different wrtting skills.

Well, I think this is all I can say, if you need more help here I am.
Good luck!

Thank you so much! Hope it goes well for you :smile:
I would love to do some sort of conversation or revision with you somehow if possible. I think it'll be beneficial for me (and you'll be revising too by teaching me!)
Reply 3
Oh yes of course! I think this app has private messaging I will try to contact you and let’s see how we can contact properly!

Quick Reply

Latest