User455
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do sixthforms let students do Chemsitry a-level with grade 5 in Chemsitry GCSE?
Monsur x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hampstead school?
EierVonSatan
Report 1 year ago
Not normally and even if they do, it's not a good thing.
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He’s right
Isn’t there another A level u wanna do..
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, a grade 5 is too low. At most schools it's a 7 or 8. You'd struggle indefinitely doing chemistry a level with a foundation paper grade.
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Isnt it unfair tho that foundation people cant do science for a level? Not that I did foundation but thinking about it now it's sad how they have limited options. I think foundation papers should be banned
EierVonSatan
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by .unknown)
Isnt it unfair tho that foundation people cant do science for a level? Not that I did foundation but thinking about it now it's sad how they have limited options. I think foundation papers should be banned
Split tiers are there to help, not to hinder.

It's the school's responsibility to make sure you're entered for the right tier based on your ability.
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by .unknown)
I don't think foundation tiers science papers are designed for those who want to go into a level sciences. If you're doing a level sciences they're extremely rigorous and challenging, and the foundation paper doesn't lead onto the A Level courses well. They are a means of less academically able students achieving a grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads