The Student Room Group

Scratched another car

I my car door scratched another car do I waited for the driver to come back to her car ..i told her I would pay for the scratch yo be fixed ..she got a quote for £600...i got s quote for £200 ...what are my rights please..as the garage she wants to take the car too want to charge me for other scratches on her car which are nothing to do eith me
Firstly it’s very admirable you chose to wait for the driver. Unfortunately, it sounds asif she’s a bit of a p**staker in regards to the £600 quote. Where did the accident happen? Any cameras? Also did you swap insurance details or no
Does she have your number plate? If not then I'd change my phone number and keep under the radar. Did you scratch her car locally to where you normally drive around? Having said that I wouldn't want anyone to do the same to me
Agree with Nadim. If you haven’t given insurance details i would definitely just block her number and let it go. Because tbf to you, you did try and do the right thing. But trying to make you pay for other damage is disgraceful and so it serves her right if you just ghost

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending