AndersonGJA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My son has failed his medical because he was prescribed stetiod cream in Feb 2017. His ezcema is absolutely fine and has been for a long time. The RAF are asking for this to be wavered. What s the chances of this happening??
RickyB731
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AndersonGJA)
My son has failed his medical because he was prescribed stetiod cream in Feb 2017. His ezcema is absolutely fine and has been for a long time. The RAF are asking for this to be wavered. What s the chances of this happening??
I’m no expert, but if the RAF are asking for it to be waived then imagine that they are trying to find a way to get your son in. I guess the trade/role that he is applying for might also affect the final decision. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ricky has (mostly) answered your question but, for clarification, your son's eczema being fine in civvy street doesn't necessarily mean it is fine for service in the RAF. Candidates come into contact with chemicals such as oils handling weapons during basic training, and subsequently at regular intervals for things like guard duty and annual training, even those applying for what are seen as more desk-bound/admin roles.

No-one on here can give you an answer; and there are no experts in the AFCO that could help. It's just a case of waiting for a review where the medical professionals will have access to all your son's medical records.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AndersonGJA)
Hi

If the AFCO are going to appeal then it will be looked at by the team at RAF Cranwell for a decision. If he's been prescription-free for two years or more then he might be okay, but it will be the med teams decision.

He'll be advised as soon as the AFCO have received an answer.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (17)
7.17%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.55%
I don't think they'd understand (40)
16.88%
It might lead to more bullying (84)
35.44%
There's nothing they could do (71)
29.96%

Watched Threads