Viennaaxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, so I’m starting adult nursing next month at UCLan. Today I got a rose tattooed on my wrist, it’s not small but it’s not huge either. It is noticeable, however it is not offensive or anything like that. I was just wondering if this now would be an issue? I don’t mind wearing long sleeves or anything, I was just concerned I may get kicked off the course or they’d be mad at me. On the site it says that where they are deemed excessive or offensive they may be required to be covered. I’m panicking now, any advice?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Normally all tattoos should be hidden in healthcare professions and not seen (different hospitals tend to have different policies)
I'd check with the uni......maybe should have thought about it before getting it?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally seen a bunch of nurses with tats. I don't think they can afford to be that picky with who they hire.
username4736546
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Viennaaxo)
Hi, so I’m starting adult nursing next month at UCLan. Today I got a rose tattooed on my wrist, it’s not small but it’s not huge either. It is noticeable, however it is not offensive or anything like that. I was just wondering if this now would be an issue? I don’t mind wearing long sleeves or anything, I was just concerned I may get kicked off the course or they’d be mad at me. On the site it says that where they are deemed excessive or offensive they may be required to be covered. I’m panicking now, any advice?
Well, stereotypically, people with visible tattoos are seen as not the 'serious' types. Trust me, they can be picky with who they hire, because it's always about first impressions.
Nadim Chowdhury
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally I wouldn't care if my nurse had a tattoo or not, as long as I'm getting the care I need.
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Normally, they'd have to be hidden.
Charlene99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are nurses who have tattoo visible ok, our tunics sleeves comes just below the shoulder and they are below this , I see them all the time in my hospital and nothing seems to be done

My ward sister has a large visible tattoo on the back of her hands and its ok to look at and patients has commented on how good it is, so what do this tell us.

Any issue regarding your point contact your university asap and ask then there policies about this matter, let everyone know the outcome of your phonecall to uclan university ok, every university and hospital boards throughout the UK have there own regulations on those things ok

Good luck with your upcoming training x
moonkatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its not a problem at all.
tittietracy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's nurses in my place of work at the hospital have a visible tattoo at her neckline and although most covered up with our uniform we wear there's still some visible - its like a poem she had done but its not offensive ok.

Its fine to have them providing not offensive ok. And to big ?
UCLan Student
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there,
I've spoken to staff from the School of Nursing and they've adviced there is nothing to worry about! Our uniform policy does state that "Tattoos, where they are extensive or deemed offensive must be covered at all times." but we don't think a rose would fall into this!

If you are worried please do ask teaching staff at the start of your semester who will be able to advice you further.

Hope this helps
Ryan
Viennaaxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by UCLan Student)
Hey there,
I've spoken to staff from the School of Nursing and they've adviced there is nothing to worry about! Our uniform policy does state that "Tattoos, where they are extensive or deemed offensive must be covered at all times." but we don't think a rose would fall into this!

If you are worried please do ask teaching staff at the start of your semester who will be able to advice you further.

Hope this helps
Ryan
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (630)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads