Wayne brewer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by GraduatedAF97)
I thought it went really well! The key is to act natural and just pretend you're responding to a physical person - show some charisma. I only had three video questions though, the rest of the responses were either hand typed or manually selected. The waiting game begins :/ ... Good luck!
Amazing, yeah good advice, let's see how tomorrow goes
Wayne brewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just finished mine, i had 4 video questions, the first one i did terrible on i was flustered, second one was not amazing, but after that they got a lot better. the questions where fine just the video ones. well now we wait and see
Wh1tewolf1829
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Wayne brewer)
I just finished mine, i had 4 video questions, the first one i did terrible on i was flustered, second one was not amazing, but after that they got a lot better. the questions where fine just the video ones. well now we wait and see
Hey Wayne. Yeah I had 4 videos to do. Not sure how well I did on them to be honest. Will have to wait and see. I also noticed they asked some questions twice. Not sure what the reasoning was behind that. All will be revealed within 2 weeks. Good luck all.
Hayls96
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi All, I’ve just completed the online assessment. Has anyone had feedback/ been given an assessment centre date yet?
Last edited by Hayls96; 2 months ago
Wayne brewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hayls96)
Hi All, I’ve just completed the online assessment. Has anyone had feedback/ been given an assessment centre date yet?
Nope not yet I think it's gonna be awhile
AshAli7867
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Wh1tewolf1829)
Hey Wayne. Yeah I had 4 videos to do. Not sure how well I did on them to be honest. Will have to wait and see. I also noticed they asked some questions twice. Not sure what the reasoning was behind that. All will be revealed within 2 weeks. Good luck all.
Just did the assessment I think or hope it went well I however had 4 video questions to complete but by mistake skipped a written one :/ so will have to see what happens. Good luck all
Wayne brewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AshAli7867)
Just did the assessment I think or hope it went well I however had 4 video questions to complete but by mistake skipped a written one :/ so will have to see what happens. Good luck all
How did the video ones go? And how did you skip it? I am sure it was all fine
Hayls96
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AshAli7867)
Maybe try contacting them to see if there’s anything you can do? Good luck
AshAli7867
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Wayne brewer)
How did the video ones go? And how did you skip it? I am sure it was all fine
Video wasn't too bad just felt weird recording yourself ha, when the question came up to provide a written answer for I did not see the box to input the text on so pressed next and missed it completely
AshAli7867
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hayls96)
Maybe try contacting them to see if there’s anything you can do? Good luck
Emailed straight away so will have to see. Thanks
laraamayy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey guys i have submitted and done my online assessment too for this years 2020 Scheme. Hopefully wont be too long of a wait. Have applied for Sussex but my second choice was MET. Does anyone know the difference between the police now route and juts the regular route? I am super impatient and would love to start sooner haha
Wh1tewolf1829
Rep:
?
(Original post by laraamayy)
Hey guys i have submitted and done my online assessment too for this years 2020 Scheme. Hopefully wont be too long of a wait. Have applied for Sussex but my second choice was MET. Does anyone know the difference between the police now route and juts the regular route? I am super impatient and would love to start sooner haha
Hey, I think a major difference is the assessment centre. As the 'normal' route involes carrying out maths and english tests as well as written and does not involve a reality test (although this is now being poileted out in specific forces). Start dates for PN is in summer next year. While the wait for the traditional route can be short or as long you like. Initail training is 6 weeks for PN and 21 weeks for the traditional route, althought you are essentially being trained on the job throughout the whole 2 year period.
Fadadda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've had my online assessment for Police Now. Awaiting the result. But, as a backup I've applied to my local force as well.

Northumbria Police have just opened for recruitment. I was at their familiarisation event last night. Their application process is different (as you'd expect) but the point I wanted to raise was owing to the length of the application process which is just starting, the first intake will not be until March 2020!

They will also hold people who've passed all the tests and interview for up to 6 months, and are likely to have their 2nd intake in June/July 2020.
Last edited by Fadadda; 2 months ago
zainab.sadiq
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Anyone had a response after the online assessment yet?
Wh1tewolf1829
Rep:
?
Just recevied an e-mail. Basically apologising for the wait, as they are currently dealing with a large volume of applications and will contact me with the outcome of my online assesment when they can. Heart in mouth moment there haha!
Fadadda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just recevied an e-mail. Basically apologising for the wait, as they are currently dealing with a large volume of applications and will contact me with the outcome of my online assesment when they can. Heart in mouth moment there haha!
Wooah! Yes, my heart would have been pounding through my chest having seen an email from them. Nice of them to give you an update. I haven't had an email, but I took my test 7 days ago. I'm thinking you passed the 10 day mark that they aim to give you the result by?

Fingers crossed for you! I'm hoping everyone who's applied gets through.
Wh1tewolf1829
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fadadda)
Wooah! Yes, my heart would have been pounding through my chest having seen an email from them. Nice of them to give you an update. I haven't had an email, but I took my test 7 days ago. I'm thinking you passed the 10 day mark that they aim to give you the result by?

Fingers crossed for you! I'm hoping everyone who's applied gets through.
Thanks. Was it 10 days? I remember reading within 2 weeks meaning i could have been waiting till this friday as that would have been my 2 weeks?
LLD1964
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey everybody,

Just joining in on this as I have submitted my online assessment yesterday afternoon. The assessment was interactive as expected and I was impressed with its ease. To support what somebody mentioned previously, do revisit the Police Now Values before doing the assessment and self-assess your motivations beforehand. Other than that, there is nothing that you can really prepare for.

I hope to have passed it and wish everyone good luck too!
Fadadda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks. Was it 10 days? I remember reading within 2 weeks meaning i could have been waiting till this friday as that would have been my 2 weeks?
Ah, maybe it was 10-14 days that I saw somewhere for a reply? Either way, I hope you get through to the next stage.
lily0392
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I think a major difference is the assessment centre. As the 'normal' route involes carrying out maths and english tests as well as written and does not involve a reality test (although this is now being poileted out in specific forces). Start dates for PN is in summer next year. While the wait for the traditional route can be short or as long you like. Initail training is 6 weeks for PN and 21 weeks for the traditional route, althought you are essentially being trained on the job throughout the whole 2 year period.
In the Police Now scheme, you are put in local policing rather than response. Response involves going from job to job, not having a clue what job you’re going to walk into or deal with in your shift whereas neighbourhood policing is a lot more of a slower pace and knowing your beat, and working alongside the PCSOs.

The tests for the regular route is an assessment centre with English and Maths tests and roleplays.

I hope this helps, I’m a special. I spoke to Police Now and they advised you can apply through forces direct as well as for the PN programme. I would strongly advise doing both, as it could be beneficial to go through the force directly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (187)
70.83%
No I haven't decided yet (47)
17.8%
Yes but I might change my mind (30)
11.36%

Watched Threads