The Student Room Group

UCAT average score

I have recently taken the UCAT and because I didn’t know the format completely ****ing bombed it with a score of 620 overall.However I have high GCSE’s (a 9, six 8s and a 7) and my predicted grades are AAA. Would UOB allow this or any other universities?
Original post by adi.s
I have recently taken the UCAT and because I didn’t know the format completely ****ing bombed it with a score of 620 overall.However I have high GCSE’s (a 9, six 8s and a 7) and my predicted grades are AAA. Would UOB allow this or any other universities?

I got 618 at ukcat. UOB as in University of Bristol?. I don't think Bristol puts much emphasis on ukcat as others do.What are chances of me getting an interview for med with gcse-2A*, 5As and 3Bs and that ukcat score.
Original post by Rosie william112
I got 618 at ukcat. UOB as in University of Bristol?. I don't think Bristol puts much emphasis on ukcat as others do.What are chances of me getting an interview for med with gcse-2A*, 5As and 3Bs and that ukcat score.

Bristol has the highest ucat cutoff of all last year with 690 I believe
Reply 3

As in Birmingham
Reply 4
I got 642.5. average gcses
Reply 5
Where are u now? In uni or year 13?
Original post by adi.s

Give a try to BMAT as you have high GCSE's. Oxford will take you for sure
Original post by dasda
I got 642.5. average gcses

where are you planning to apply
Reply 8
Just apply smart.
Reply 9
Original post by gcsediva
where are you planning to apply

Plymouth exeter maybe Aston and probably hull york. I am expecting a gap year.
Reply 10
Original post by adi.s

You are unlikely to make Birmingham's cut off unless you have WA or contextual flags
Reply 11

Bristol solely uses UCAT for interview selection and cut off was around 690 last year
Reply 12
Original post by GANFYD
You are unlikely to make Birmingham's cut off unless you have WA or contextual flags

I meet the contextual criteria
Reply 13
Original post by adi.s
I meet the contextual criteria

What is your score on their scoring system?
It is generally about a point lower cut off for contextual flags (standard was over 8 for 2017 and 2018 entry)
Reply 14
Original post by GANFYD
What is your score on their scoring system?
It is generally about a point lower cut off for contextual flags (standard was over 8 for 2017 and 2018 entry)

Reply 15
Original post by adi.s

So it is possible, check if deciles change much and if you are really keen, it may be worth a punt
Reply 16
Original post by GANFYD
So it is possible, check if deciles change much and if you are really keen, it may be worth a punt

I also do RO so it gives extra consideration

Quick Reply