Lord Charlius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
I'm about to enter year 13 and I'm looking to apply to Oxford for History and Politics.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding the HAT? The general consensus seems to be just practice papers but I feel like I'm doing more. If anyone had links to previous answers that would be amazing because I haven't been able to find any/I'm not sure if they exist.

Also if anyone had any information on the interview specifically for History and Politics that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks guys
DerivativeName
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm at the same stage but applying for maths, so doing the MAT not the HAT. I don't really think there's anything else you can do. The whole point of the admissions tests is that they don't rely much on content, instead on your ability so there's no way to get better other than doing papers.

The only other thing for history might be looking at some university essays. Especially if you can get hold of Oxford ones. Or essay advice for uni students. These will likely include the skills that Oxford are looking to see.
DerivativeName
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This has advice on history essay writing: https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/con...le%20Honours_/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.56%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.81%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.53%

Watched Threads