The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP!!!!I have my driving test tomorrow. I am so scared:(

I have anxiety, my driving instructor says that I'm a good driver and that I'm ready for my lesson. Yet I don't feel as though I'm that good.

I'm so scared. My instructor says she would like me to pass on my first test and that I am capable of doing so. But I don't know.

Any tips to stay calm? I panic and I feel like I'm going to mess it all up:frown:

Today I had a practice one and it went bad and my instructor said it was just nerves as I made mistakes that I never would before... I'm thinking if I wa nervous today and the nerves gor the better of me , what will happen tomorrow???? How about if I accidentally hit someones car or run someone over?

The examiner may think that I'm stupid and that I don't deserve to have a test yet:frown:
hey, don't panic. Driving test is a bit like taking exams and the more you stress the more diffcult you make it for yourself. If your instructor says you are ready then that is a good sign . She can make a better judgement than you can. Is there anyone who drives well that can perhaps talk through? Have a good healthy meal and go to bed early. Switch off from thinking about it and you will feel much better tomorrow to tackle this. Good luck :smile:
You're not going to hit anything, there'll be dual controls like in your lesson. Just try and focus on your driving and forget the examiner. It's just a normal drive. And if you fail you get another shot, most people take 2 so it's nbd
Reply 3
Thank you all so much!!

I have been getting tips of my parents who both can drive:smile:
I hope it goes well! X
Original post by Kutie Karen
hey, don't panic. Driving test is a bit like taking exams and the more you stress the more diffcult you make it for yourself. If your instructor says you are ready then that is a good sign . She can make a better judgement than you can. Is there anyone who drives well that can perhaps talk through? Have a good healthy meal and go to bed early. Switch off from thinking about it and you will feel much better tomorrow to tackle this. Good luck :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
I have anxiety, my driving instructor says that I'm a good driver and that I'm ready for my lesson. Yet I don't feel as though I'm that good.

I'm so scared. My instructor says she would like me to pass on my first test and that I am capable of doing so. But I don't know.

Any tips to stay calm? I panic and I feel like I'm going to mess it all up:frown:

Today I had a practice one and it went bad and my instructor said it was just nerves as I made mistakes that I never would before... I'm thinking if I wa nervous today and the nerves gor the better of me , what will happen tomorrow???? How about if I accidentally hit someones car or run someone over?

The examiner may think that I'm stupid and that I don't deserve to have a test yet:frown:

Hi how did you get on?
Reply 5
Original post by Kutie Karen
Hi how did you get on?

Thanks for asking
Sadly I failed:frown:
I just had 1 mistake!!!!! It was right at the beginning my nerves got the better of me lol and I didnt see a car coming from the side so the examiner had to press the brake for me!!
But I've booked another one:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for asking
Sadly I failed:frown:
I just had 1 mistake!!!!! It was right at the beginning my nerves got the better of me lol and I didnt see a car coming from the side so the examiner had to press the brake for me!!
But I've booked another one:smile:

Hi there, sorry to hear that. I think the fact that you only failed on one thing means that overall you are a good driver. Ask your parents to take you for driving lessons to build up your confidence and perhaps learn some breathng techniques to help you keep calm. Look after yourself and all the best next time.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending