The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 111davey1
When i type pictures of the earth in google images i see nice circular objects, they look realistic. However, flat earth theory is also quite compelling. i type this into google and the images are also quite realistic. I would also like to know why under flat earth theory a round boject has been chosen over say a sqaure

It's not based on evidence or logic. If you find flat Earth claims compelling, you've missed quite a lot.

The Earth is proven to be approximately a sphere. There is no doubt.
Reply 2
Original post by Gugiyy
Ive never read something more caveman like in my whole life, have you been trapped away your whole life. Your a moron

i found this insult insulting. Please i am new to this area my science teacher enlightened me on the subject he is also a flat earther himself
why are u willingly going to the darkside of google images
Reply 4
Original post by RogerOxon
It's not based on evidence or logic. If you find flat Earth claims compelling, you've missed quite a lot.

Thank you, of course there will always be people opposing both arguments
Thank you, of course there will always be people opposing both arguments

Frankly, given the evidence, including experiments that you can do, no logical person can believe that the Earth is flat.
Reply 6
Frankly, given the evidence, including experiments that you can do, no logical person can believe that the Earth is flat.

i think from the pictures both sides have an argument. You are clearly very opposed to the flat earth movement and i accept that.
i think from the pictures both sides have an argument. You are clearly very opposed to the flat earth movement and i accept that.

Wrong. Are you a troll, or just gullible?
(edited 4 years ago)

Some people do believe the Earth is flat. Just as some believe that Elvis isn't dead.
what's compelling about the flat earth theory???
Reply 10
Original post by barnetlad
Some people do believe the Earth is flat. Just as some believe that Elvis isn't dead.

On TSR it's very hard to tell the difference between a troll and the real thing. It's an unbelievably illogical thing to believe so if a user is able to write English above primary school level then I have to assume they are a troll. Some of them are probably real though.
Reply 11
the noble art of trolling is truly dead
there will always be people opposing both arguments

I have never heard anyone oppose both theories. What would someone who does that be arguing in favour of? Discworld?
The earth isn’t flat; think about it, why do ships disappear on the horizon if it was flat?
Reply 14
Original post by barnetlad
Some people do believe the Earth is flat. Just as somThie believe that Elvis isn't dead.

This is true, there will always be divide. I believe that MJ is actually still alive. He's a legend and i just feel that what people have been syaing about him is so teraful it makes me so tearful.
Reply 15
Well the simple opposing argument to this would be shipes know they will go of the edge and so... dont. euqally why dont planes fly into outer space this should happen if you really think about it
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, im unsure if you are a troll or not but say i owned a boat what what stop me from finding out if if fall off the edge?
Original post by carl fringos!
Hi, im unsure if you are a troll or not but say i owned a boat what what stop me from finding out if if fall off the edge?

Nothing at all, and I have personally sailed far out into the offing and not fallen off the edge (and not changed course to avoid it either).
My science teacher enlightened me on the subject he is also a flat earther himself
Well that's not at all concerning...

Was this delivered in a science lesson?
Original post by Good bloke
I have never heard anyone oppose both theories. What would someone who does that be arguing in favour of? Discworld?
The Earth is obviously doughnut shaped. I've seen the pictures they're very compelling. :yes:

Latest