Beeya24
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I’ve just done my first decision making mini mock on Medify and the score came out as 650-750- I don’t understand, will I not be given a solid score in the real thing or is the range thing just on Medify? Also what should I say my mark is in the one I’ve just done- mid way between 650 and 750?
Uesrname2012
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Beeya24)
Hi,

I’ve just done my first decision making mini mock on Medify and the score came out as 650-750- I don’t understand, will I not be given a solid score in the real thing or is the range thing just on Medify? Also what should I say my mark is in the one I’ve just done- mid way between 650 and 750?
Hi, I did my exam this morning and I used medics throughout. You get solid results in the actual thing but I would just estimate in the middle of the range they give you. Also, I consistently got my lowest score in medify for decision making but got my highest in the actual thing so don’t get too hung Up on mock results, just use them as a guide for which section to revise most x
Beeya24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uesrname2012)
Hi, I did my exam this morning and I used medics throughout. You get solid results in the actual thing but I would just estimate in the middle of the range they give you. Also, I consistently got my lowest score in medify for decision making but got my highest in the actual thing so don’t get too hung Up on mock results, just use them as a guide for which section to revise most x
Thank you so much! And congrats on completing your UCAT- what did you get on each section and how many questions in total practice did you do on Medify? Do you think Medify resembles the real thing well?
Uesrname2012
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much! And congrats on completing your UCAT- what did you get on each section and how many questions in total practice did you do on Medify? Do you think Medify resembles the real thing well?
Thank you!
I got:
VR- 690
QR- 670
DM- 710
AR- 650
SJ- Band 2
Overall 2720

So I’m happy with it overall but I’m not elated exactly. I don’t really know what a good score is TBH. I’m really disappointed with SJ and AR as they were always my best on medify so I can’t quite understand why they’re my worst now. AR was similar to medify, DM had a lot more of those statement questions where you had to choose which was the best argument. SJ has some weird new question types with spoken responses and how appropriate they were and ordering responses by how appropriate they were. I actually found QR a tiny bit harder than medify.
Beeya24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uesrname2012)
Thank you!
I got:
VR- 690
QR- 670
DM- 710
AR- 650
SJ- Band 2
Overall 2720

So I’m happy with it overall but I’m not elated exactly. I don’t really know what a good score is TBH. I’m really disappointed with SJ and AR as they were always my best on medify so I can’t quite understand why they’re my worst now. AR was similar to medify, DM had a lot more of those statement questions where you had to choose which was the best argument. SJ has some weird new question types with spoken responses and how appropriate they were and ordering responses by how appropriate they were. I actually found QR a tiny bit harder than medify.
Congrats, honestly you’ve done really well! Thanks for the advice, I’ll keep it in mind- did you only use Medify and around how many practice questions did you complete on it?
Uesrname2012
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats, honestly you’ve done really well! Thanks for the advice, I’ll keep it in mind- did you only use Medify and around how many practice questions did you complete on it?
Thanks! I used the 1260 questions book (or whatever it’s called) to introduce myself to question types and to do an hour a day while I was on holiday and then just used medify and the official UCAT website. I did about 50 stems on medify and 20 in the book for each section and one section each on the official site. X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.03%

Watched Threads