samdg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I have an interview for a grad job with Firm A. I've just found out that I'm accepted into the assessment centre for Firm B but it's the same day as the interview for Firm A (can't possibly do both bc of distance)
I'm trying to reschedule my interview with Firm A but how should I go about it? Should I mention that it clashes with another interview or would that be frowned upon?
I want to have the opportunity to go to both but would I just have to choose one?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by samdg)
So I have an interview for a grad job with Firm A. I've just found out that I'm accepted into the assessment centre for Firm B but it's the same day as the interview for Firm A (can't possibly do both bc of distance)
I'm trying to reschedule my interview with Firm A but how should I go about it? Should I mention that it clashes with another interview or would that be frowned upon?
I want to have the opportunity to go to both but would I just have to choose one?
You just need to be polite and clear to Firm A and ask if it is possible to reschedule on another date because you are already booked into an assessment centre on that day. If you've got an assessment centre, then the inference they should draw is that you are a competitive candidate, they aren't naive enough to think you're going to give up other opportunities at this early stage.

However, scheduling for interviews is usually very tight, it may simply not be possible to offer an alternative day, unless they are already scheduling multiple days. In which case you would have to decline one opportunity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)