Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually a veggie but i have to say a lot of people eat way too much meat. Eating a burger for lunch followed by meat for dinner is not good for you and its also a lot cheaper to stick to some veg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharleeB)
    so basically you are a preacher? :rolleyes:

lol drowning in irony
    Yeah, I thought he said he doesn't like preaching?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    I'm not actually a veggie but i have to say a lot of people eat way too much meat. Eating a burger for lunch followed by meat for dinner is not good for you and its also a lot cheaper to stick to some veg
    I agree. Too much of one thing is never good for your body (pity that includes chocolate! ) A nice, healthy balanced diet is what we all need, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    i am going to start a meat-eaters club at school.
    well its different if their is a veggie society then why not?

ReputationRep:
    well its different if their is a veggie society then why not?
    Maybe I should start a chocolate society......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysoul)
    Maybe I should start a chocolate society......
    now that would be popular!

ReputationRep:
    I am morally opposed to eating soya products. I think it is wrong and unnatural to eat bean curd shaped to look like meat.

ReputationRep:
    now that would be popular!
    I've heard they have them at unis and there are free chocolate nights!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysoul)
    There are many reasons people choose to be vegetarians, not just because of killing animals. Some people are vegetarians because they don't like the taste, others can't eat it because of their religion etc.
    i know, which is why i addressed it to those to whom my argument would apply. bash away!

ReputationRep:
    its so tempting to bash this argument, but i will resist. i'm an OTT nutter (or i try not to be)
    please go ahead!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    my dad was hindu. when i little, we didnt allowed to eat meat, fish chicken, gelatine (had to buy special sweets), milk, cheese, egg or dairy

now im 19, and i physically cannot eat any of these things. does anyone remeber the case in USA of the kids sueing their parents for this?
    part of the reason i cant eat meat is psycological, i cant bring myself to do it, and part is physical, cos my bod had got used to not eating it if i have egg or milk in eg cakes it makes me sick.
    :eek:
    awww.... you can't eat cake..chocolate,jelly

ReputationRep:
    i'm veggie cos i just don't like meat.

this has been posted before but its soooo goddam funny sponser a vegetarian

ReputationRep:
    I'm a vegetarian and I don't try and pressure people into doing the same (I haven’t even asked/pressured my boyfriend into going veggie, not that I'd be able to mind :rolleyes: ). I feel that it's the choice of the individual weather or not they want to eat meat. I can’t see the point in lecturing someone to be a vegetarian when I know it’s none of my business what they eat or otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    i'm veggie cos i just don't like meat.

this has been posted before but its soooo goddam funny sponser a vegetarian
    That's brilliant, I think I wan't a T-shirt - although think of all the abuse you'd get!

ReputationRep:
    dont worry Im not veggie cos I love animals, but its because I hate plants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    Did you not read the title of the thread? People don't want to be told this in a thread ranting against veggies, even if you're not a veggie! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    http://maddox.xmission.com/grill.html

ReputationRep:
    i like meat. i couldnt survive on veggies i think, as i dont really like enough types

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, hihihihi.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a veggie but would never lecture people for eating meat because a) it's none of my business and b) they wouldn't listen to me anyway so qu'est ce que le point?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.